So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Morning!
Well, we launched in Ladner just past the tunnel and went over to our relatives place on Gossip Island (beside Galiano Island).
Went fishing both mornings and caught nothing.. Starfishie came the second morning and got a bit green. But we did let her reel in the Dogfish we caught.
Dinner one night was chicken breasts, and the next night was Ribs. We went through a number of drinks.. including margaritas with my brothers new toy.. gas chainsaw powered blender.

Datsun has discovered my fishtank. He sits there perched on the 1.5 inch lip around the tank stand and tries to first pop his head into the tank to get the fish which seems to daze him for a second when he mashes his face on glass.. then tries to paw the fish.. he at times hits so hard with his paw he unbalances himself and falls to the floor. Repeat. Repeat. I dont think he has figured out what a window is yet. He still tries to jump out the front window from our bay window area and seems puzzled when he gets stopped in midair.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

Sounds like a sweet time Russ.
How much is a fishing licence in BC? Now with the car, I can implement fishing into my life again. :-)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Morning SD,
Freshwater or Saltwater? Also what are you fishing for..

For the Saltwater one, mine says 22.05 for Cdn, and 106.05 for Non Cdn
If you want any type of salmon you need the sticker as well which is 6.30.

I hate the fact you cant use barbed hooks anywhere anymore. Lose the fish too damn easy.

Freshwater you can get completely online and print out. Saltwater you have to go in.

Sportsdude

fresh, I've never done salt water fishing before.  

Lil Me

70s comfort food for dinner.

Chicken in cream of chicken soup on converted rice.

Salad.

All this possible because Heckyl with dairy allergy is staying with grandparents.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Evening all! Busy day.

Fam bought a 2008 Mazda 3 hatch for the family car/sis mobile. Cherry/merlot colour.

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
70s comfort food for dinner.
Chicken in cream of chicken soup on converted rice.
Salad.

All this possible because Heckyl with dairy allergy is staying with grandparents.
Mac n Cheese is my comfort food.
Whats this about the 70's? lol.
Is it just Heckyl or is Jeckyl there as well?

On the Island. Came over yesterday am as my mother called me a bit worried as my dad started putting up a fence between him and the neighbors.
Came over and found out that today is my grandpa's bday so I am now cooking ribs and chicken for dinner.. how do I get conned into this? lol.
Its going to be touch and go with him over.. as its four months since grandma passed away.. and theres now bad blood between the siblings over things that happened at the end. So some are invited but not all.
Im just going to play fly on the window tonight.

purelife

Hi everyone.
We had a successful bbq with so much food!  I was pooped at the end of the day.  I didn't realize how tired I was until I sat down.  
Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Is anyone venturing to the PNE?  

I've got lots to clean at home.  I want our place as spotless as possible.  

I have my baby shower this weekend and can't hardly wait!  MrPL's mom is the Organizer and I have no clue what's going to happen.  All I had to do was send out invites to my friends.   So exciting!!!    

Sportsdude

When is the PNE? I may go if I have time.
So far I'm still sticking to my friday morning time table.

ohh baby shower! Exciting.

JJ

PNE started last Saturday and goes until Sept 7th.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Evening all,

In Winnipeg tonight, Saskatoon tomorrow.

But I'm bummed, I forgot my new pillow in a Super 8 in North Dakota. heartbroken, that pillow was good.
:(

Russ

JJ wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]PNE started last Saturday and goes until Sept 7th.[/div]
I havent been to the PNE in a while.. I will have to attempt to make it. Thanks JJ!

Lunch was ham and havarti on a toasted bun.
I avoided breakfast as I was still full from the dinner the night before.
I actually sold something from over craigslist yesterday.. I took less than half of what I wanted but at least its finally gone. Im sadder to see it gone than anything else... too bad really.

purelife

Russ wrote:
 I actually sold something from over craigslist yesterday.. I took less than half of what I wanted but at least its finally gone. Im sadder to see it gone than anything else... too bad really.

Did you sell your kitty, Russ?    

I had scrambled eggs, a kiwi and some yogurt for lunch.  I have to say that the no fat, no sugar kinda yogurt tastes like cardboard....*sigh*

Russ

Evening miss PL!

Well, no I didnt sell Datsun.. he's discovered that he climb the screens on the windows when they are open. Im just waiting until he climbs on one and they fall out with his weight to the ground below, lol.

Other than that Im back on the island.. back to building a fence, lol.

|