So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

From football to med school.. lol.

Toonie Tuesday sounds good miss LM! Too bad its now wednesday... drat
Well, Im thinking its time to remove all the stuff for access to the attic so I can see whats up there and possible move some stuff up there.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

haha indeed. Most of us were quiet the nerds, the goof offs/jocks were on the basketball team. Then again, we always had a chip on our shoulders for being a black team with just four white kids.

A few of my football guys are ministers, a couple went back to teaching at the high school, law school, black magazine promoter, correctional officers, and a guy in Canada. Go figure. We're an odd group of kids, i think that's why everyone was afraid to play us. That and I was the 4th tallest on the team, and one of the skinniest and least built. lol

Our 10yr anniversary of the perfect season is coming up soon (the notion that this happened a decade ago, makes me feel ancient)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise @ Wotk

Russ wrote:

School to start? Babies coming back? You had your kids away somewhere? Whats this about school? You are commiting mental warefare with your poor children about sending them back to school.. and its not even september yet!

LOL. Russ, you're one funny dude. No, by babies I mean these university kids who are coming back for round 3. You know the ones... filled with innocence and the desire to change the world etc. etc. I just like to corrupt them. Hehe

P.C.

SD...weren't you like 12, ten years ago ?  I didn't even know they had reunions for lil guys team sports like that.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

OK.. Im done laughing here @ PC

Well, at least you are brainwashing them in the ways of the world miss Lise. LOL, I love seeing the look on green engineers faces when I ask them, you know all that stuff you learned in the last 5 years? Well forget it.. its useless. LOL

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
SD...weren't you like 12, ten years ago ?  I didn't even know they had reunions for lil guys team sports like that.  

2002 its 2010 basically that's 2 years or to be precisce 3yrs away from a decade. days go by fast, and bam its a decade.

6 of the guys had kids out of high school
most stayed in missouri
a couple are married
one is a cop
one unfortunately is in trouble a lot
and one is a pretty famous rapper (its always the kid that stuttered)
and a couple are teachers

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]2002 its 2010 basically that's 2 years or to be precisce 3yrs away from a decade. days go by fast, and bam its a decade.[/span]

OK, maybe I'm thick.  This did not clear up the confusion.    

Sportsdude

Okay, let me say it again. lol

It was 7 years ago, and the idea of a 10yr being on 3yrs away, but to silly me 2yrs away (as I think its 2010 already, I need to stop this thinking) anyway. Its not far off, 3yrs is like tomorrow.

Russ

So lunch was is the same as breakfast.. the chili I made last night.

I made around 2 gallons of the stuff as I kept adding.. any bits of meat and sausage and WHY that was around for a while in the freezer went in. I have enough for another pot I must admit.. at least its being used however.
Its not as hot as I normally like it.. Starfishie got all mad when she saw me try to put another 1/2 cup of chili powder in it.. she said the 6 jalepeno peppers Id already put in was enough. Luckily she didnt see Id already put a 1/3 of a cup in.

This new cat while is cute and I love it to bits.. is a bit annoying. If he doenst get his way he keeps trying then lulls you into a sence that hes given up when he stops for a while. When he sences that you are distracted he runs by you at 90 miles an hour and does what he wants anyhow. Last night he got by me that way and instead of stopping on the hutch beside me, slid right into the bowl of ice cream I had and was a ball of chocolate. I found it amusing.. and got blamed for it somehow?
Im thinking about leaving part of a bowl of the chili out to see how he reacts to it.

Gopher

Russ wrote:
So lunch was is the same as breakfast.. the chili I made last night.

I made around 2 gallons of the stuff as I kept adding.. any bits of meat and sausage and WHY that was around for a while in the freezer went in. I have enough for another pot I must admit.. at least its being used however.
Its not as hot as I normally like it.. Starfishie got all mad when she saw me try to put another 1/2 cup of chili powder in it.. she said the 6 jalepeno peppers Id already put in was enough. Luckily she didnt see Id already put a 1/3 of a cup in.

This new cat while is cute and I love it to bits.. is a bit annoying. If he doenst get his way he keeps trying then lulls you into a sence that hes given up when he stops for a while. When he sences that you are distracted he runs by you at 90 miles an hour and does what he wants anyhow. Last night he got by me that way and instead of stopping on the hutch beside me, slid right into the bowl of ice cream I had and was a ball of chocolate. I found it amusing.. and got blamed for it somehow?
Im thinking about leaving part of a bowl of the chili out to see how he reacts to it.

Sadist!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Okay, let me say it again. lol[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]It was 7 years ago, and the idea of a 10yr being on 3yrs away, but to silly me 2yrs away (as I think its 2010 already, I need to stop this thinking) anyway. Its not far off, 3yrs is like tomorrow.[/span]

That's no clearer than the first time around.

Nevermind...I lost interest.  

Lil Me

That chili is sounding good!
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

bwhaha

7+3 but really 8+2

had chinese, need work out.

grandma's coming home tomorrow, I'm headed to the farm for the weekend to write and probably go fishing.

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
LOL

Is that for real ? [img style="font-style: italic;" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif[/img]  
\
Yeah the beer company has recently decided to remove the sighns - turns out some thin skinned namby pamby easterner got their feelings hurt and complained.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Lil Me

Blueberry scone for brekky.

Blueberry scone and granola bar for lunch (while on bicycle).

Fish tacos at Cactus Club for din din.    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|