So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Evening all,

congrats on the new cat Russ. meow meow

writing, reading, stressing, cleaning, I wish someone could put some prozac into the water/food. :(
Grandma is coming home from the nursing home in a week after her fall.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

What colour is the kitty Russ ?  Pics ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Sorry to hear that SD.  Hope grandma is doing ok.

I can't wait until baby due date because I can truly relax.  I can't help but feel so much worry and I just want to hear him cry when he's out.  It will put my mind at ease.  I don't know why I'm thinking that something is going to go wrong.  :(

P.C.

No no no purelife.  It's going to go perfectly !  Think positive.

How have you been feeling ?

Sportsdude

You'll do great purelife! Good news in clouds of darkness! (from this big chair anyway)

Thanks purelife for the wishes, it's hard enough dealing with it with an uncooperative fam who doesn't care, and a society about to explode at the same time. 2 grandmas heading for the exits at once, one just giving up on life when she's perfectly healthy and probably would live to 95 or so, and the other who wants to live, but struggles, with a backdrop of 'obama nazi' everywhere and 80yr olds telling me stories at the nursing home about selling their business, life savings, just to afford to stay in the place and medicare wing vs. the 'elite wing' with abusive nurses.

that's just one of about 10 issues right now.

purelife

I've been feeling ok... no back pain, no sciatic nerve or leg pain.  The only thing is having some sleepless nights due to thinking too much and not being able to walk too long without feeling that heaviness down there.  

I've just been told that I have gestational diabetes.  Supposedly it goes away after birth but what if it doesn't?  I'm seeing a Nutritionist tomorrow who will teach me how to manage my meals and incorporate exercise.  This is stressing me out.  I thought I was eating ok by staying away from sweets and the high starch content carbs.  I guess I wasn't, but I will do whatever it takes to control this diagnosis as I've read that it's treatable.

And then I spend most of my day researching on the net on this subject to hear the worst news ever.... possibility of stillborn baby due to it not coming out properly because a c-section was too late.

Sportsdude

Lise said she had that I believe, my cousin had it as well.  My cousin in law doesn't have it post birth.

ahh purelife! don't look up stuff like that, no need for the worry. :)

picked out names?

P.C.

I was just going to say the same thing.  DON'T look up medical concerns on the internet.  You won't find a clear picture on anything...often with views and information that is totally conflicting.  Talk to your doctor about any concerns....not the internet.  I could have any one of 92 fatal diseases according to medical info on the net.  Oh ya.....according to the net, I'm a genius too.  

Seriously....it's so not wise.

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
Thanks purelife for the wishes, it's hard enough dealing with it with an uncooperative fam who doesn't care, and a society about to explode at the same time. 2 grandmas heading for the exits at once, one just giving up on life when she's perfectly healthy and probably would live to 95 or so, and the other who wants to live, but struggles, with a backdrop of 'obama nazi' everywhere and 80yr olds telling me stories at the nursing home about selling their business, life savings, just to afford to stay in the place and medicare wing vs. the 'elite wing' with abusive nurses.

that's just one of about 10 issues right now.

Hang in there, SD.  Things seem to work out somehow.  

Sportsdude

I hope so too purelife.

yeah, i'm a hyperchondriac, I always come to the conclusion i have terminal cancer or some disease. Its not good. lol

purelife

Goodnight SD and PC.  Thanks for being there for my rant/mood swings.

So sleepy now...

Sportsdude

Sleep well!! :)))

Always here in the interwebs, the light at the bar in the ebony lounge never goes out.

bah, i was going to continue writing, but i've got to clean out a house tomorrow.

P.C.

Me too.  Goodnight purelife and SD.

Purelife....if you're going to look up anything on the net, please think about looking up the power of positive thinking.      

Lil Me

*jumps into the convo late*

Purelife, gestational diabetes is very common.  My cousin and a lot of my friends had it during the latter stages of pregnancy.  As long as it's identified and monitored, you will be fine.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

I dont have a clue what you all are talking about so Im staying out of it or I might get cooties.
PL.. dont worry. Doctors have been known to be right. You will be fine!

SD.. sorry to hear that. Its not easy.. Be there and talk as much as you can around her.

LM.. Im still waiting to hear what you were drinking the other night.

Well. The Ribs turned out Fawesome.. they literally fell off the bones. Im going to do all my ribs this way from now on, in the crock pot.
The Beef dip was great as well! OXO beef sauce for teh dipping with small costco buns and havarti cheese turns out really well.

On another note.. how does everyone do their roasts? I did a double roast the night before to get the beef for the beef dip done. I had done it before on the same day but found it a pain in the ass to cook the roast.. then hack it up with teh meat slicer, as well as prepare all the beef dip stuff.
I bast the roast in olive oil and a few drops of Maggi Sauce.
Then rub some Montreal Steak Seasoning, Fine Diced Garlic, and some Rosemary
I get the oven to 425 and then with the roasts in an open pan on a grate with teh fat up put it in for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes I instal the probe and with the oven at 325 cook it until the interal temp is 118. I then pull it out and let it sit covered in foil. Until Im ready for it.. no longer than 15 minutes if you can.

Im wondering what Im going to do for dinner tonight.. any ideas?
Fish maybe from my fishing trip?

Family BBQ reunion tomorrow out in Chilly wack. Im doing the BBQing Im told. Theres only about 70 people. My biggest audience.. Im going to make sure to bring a cooler of beer and a coffee mug to hide it.
Im actually not sure if you can call it a reunion.. I dont have a clue who any of these people are. But when I met a few of them a little while ago they knew who I was.. my whole life story! I suppose I should reciprocate somehow. lol.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|