So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

sd in class

I haven't cooked in 2wks, so I totally understand

Russ

Lise @ Work wrote:
Bored at work.... oh hum.... summer time... so hard to be working when it's so nice out there.

Is anyone having trouble cooking these days? It's so hot that I'm getting lazier and lazier with cooking. Just hate standing in front of the hot stove.

Russ: miss you buddy. Can we come over and use your heated pool one day?

Mornign! Well, lise.. I just been using the crock pot the last few days. Prepare the junk the day before and in the morning plug er in. then at night its all ready. Throw together a salad and something like potato's or potato salad.

LOL, yeah if I get a heater together. I will see about having some people over for a que and a pool. Its now on the lower list of things that need to be done..

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Quick summertime meal.  No muss, no fuss and yummy as all get out.

A couple turkey drumsticks or thighs. (thighs are best, but drums are cheaper)
Wrap in foil with a couple dots of butter and seasons
Start in 350 oven for 10 minutes
Turn down to 275 to 300 for a couple hours.
Open up foil about half hour before ready to eat and drain of liquid and replace with BBQ sauce.
Seal back up and throw back in the oven.

Grill some buns, and load up with BBQy turkey.  Add a salad.
DEEEEELISH.

*tender like crock pot, but without the 'stewed' texture.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

roaming sd

That dinner sounds like it would kill me.

LM@work

Yummy turkey.  Thanks for the tip, P.C.  Though I'd put them on the BBQ.  Try to avoid the oven these days as the interior temp is already like a blast furnace.

P.C.

Why would that dinner kill you SD ?

Good idea Lil Me.  Our house stays so gloriously cool, it's not a problem.  Blessed be thy trees.    

Sportsdude

Its a compliment about how good it sounds and also about how I look these days.

It is actual food. lol
I feel like a walking skeleton.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

For the summer, I use my convention oven.  I like making fried chicken, pizza, baked salmon, pork chops, fries, veggies in the lil oven.  I find the big oven too hot.  For side dishes, I make salads, potatoes, mashed turnips or butternut squash or just eat raw veggies with dip.  

What I love these days is salmon with lots of dill and mayo on top.  Bake at 375 for 14 minutes.  I buy the frozen fillets, 4 for $5.  
You can also take a piece of chicken breast, slit it and add in homemade pesto and then wrap it in prosciutto.  Then bake.
I also take a piece of steak and to turn it into 2 portions, I seran wrap it, then beat it flat with a frying pan, then fry.  Add bbq sauce and put on a bun with whatever fixins.

Just some ideas for you Miss Lise.  I also don't like to stand in front of the stove for a long period of time so I find ways to shorten that time.  

Lil Me

Yummy.  I was already running late for a meeting when I stopped to make a salami sammy for dinner.  After that was done, I came home to drink dinner.  Malibu Mango Lassi!  I think I just invented it.  Canned mango pulp, plain yoghurt and malibu rum.

MrLM traded in the car (aka Overheatmobile) that was developing a new problem every week.  He's happy with his Nissan Titan now.

Tentatively sold the ski box and racks.      
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

No more suuubaaaaruuuuuu?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Ahhh....so you went for the Nissan.  You two have been through 3 cars while we are still toying around with decisions.  LOL  

LM@work

We were undecided until this week.

Tell Mr Sawdust that price was the overwhelming consideration.  MrLM found a truck with 20,000km on it and the balance of factory warranty....for about the same price as some of the high mileage junkers.

Russ

Good one!
I really agree. I wouldnt buy a new vehicle cause of the high cost of it.. I been looking at vehicles a few years old. Wouldnt consider a brand new one cause of that.
However, I might change my mind on a black SRT 8 Challenger... Im not allowed to go to a dealership or carshow without Starfishie.

Well, Im about to continue with cleanup, packing, and hacking up some sirloin tips into steaks.. Im going to attempt to use my meat grinder attachement as well. Does anyone add anything to the grindup stuff so the ground beef is flavoured?

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

[div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;"][div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]We were undecided until this week.[/div] [span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Tell Mr Sawdust that price was the overwhelming consideration.  MrLM found a truck with 20,000km on it and the balance of factory warranty....for about the same price as some of the high mileage junkers.[/span]

It's a biggie for us too.  But the initial costs aren't all there is to consider.  For example, the Ranger's mileage is only ever so slightly better than their full size 8 cyl F150.  That's crazy.  The Ranger is also more to insure and isn't even close in fuel efficiency as the Tacoma.   I wonder if we could just win one.  Or maybe free fuel for life....or maybe just the lottery.  [img style="width: 15px; height: 15px;" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif[/img]
[/div]  

Dust in the Shop

Everyone has a different criteria for their vehicles, and they are all good. I do 80% of my driving at 120km/hr and see way too many critters or their remains every day so safety is getting bigger for me and the Taco has the stability and traction control as well as side & head curtain airbags. None of the other small pickups do. Also I don't do the buy/sell thing really well so we will have it for 10 years and I don't want to knock off 2 or 3 years of it's life by getting an older one. Like P.C. said operating cost are big. Over a 10 year period a Ranger would cost $7,000 more and a Frontier about $2,000.
I think I'm just trying to convince myself!!  

|