So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Did someone say SD just had a birthday ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Ja my birthday is this weekend, Russ, pl, and I share the same day of the month in consective months. Lol  we\'re all getting old. Had my geology class this morning at Jericho beach. I enjoy that class there\'s a guy from Chicago in the class and when two midwesterners start talking it\'s like we\'re family. It\'s nice to finally run into someone from my part of the woods. Two illinoisians from both illinois\' good times, cubs fan
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-family: Arial Black;"]Well Happy Birthday SD !![/span]

Cool cake.    

Gopher

Oh I like that, will you make one similar for me on my next birthday, please..............and.....jump out of it?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

No problem...that's going to require a much taller stack of books though.    

Gopher

Good - as you know, I'm a voracious reader.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Well fancy that.  SD blew out of here without so much as a piece of cake.    

LM@work

Hai!  Welcome home Russ, Happy BDay SD and good luck with the bunny hunt, P.C.  Will there be Hossenpheffer on tonight's menu?!  Just kidding.  I love bunnies.  I'd love to get one- though I think it would need an outdoor bunny hutch, as I've been told that an indoor bunny is quite noisy with all the scratching and playing all night long.

Quiet in here.  I've been away from DS due to work, a wedding last weekend (3 days of Indian buffet!), rollerblading around Stanley Park- followed by the car breaking down at the corner of Denman and Davie.  Got the car towed home, changed clothes and ran out the door to the wedding reception.  MrLM had the alternator replaced a few days ago- mechanic didn't want to do it, because it was charging fine the next morning and the mechanic knows we want to trade-in the car soon...mechanic thought it was a random overheat with the wiring.  But..MrLM told him "My wife will be PISSED OFF if it breaks down again, so please fix it".  He's right, lol.

Been truck shopping.  Probably in the market for a 2005 or newer 1/4ton quadcab.  Low km.  Shortbox would be nice.  Test drove a Colorado/Canyon- cramped interior, odd rattling and vibration.  Test drove a Dakota- nice truck, not a lot of backseat legroom, wary of low reviews.  I'm more partial to the Silverado 1500-- nice cab, lots of room.  MrLM is hunting around for a deal on a Nissan Frontier.  We both like the Tacoma, but can't justify spending that much money on a used truck...      

P.C.

Hey Lil Me.  

Funny you should mention the Tacoma.  We also have been rethinking.  Toyota is offering NO incentives....which was part of our stalling.  The difference between the Tacoma and the Ford Ranger is 11 grand.  ELEVEN GRAND.  They can keep their Tacoma.

How was the wedding ?

P.C.

Also, about the bunny thing.  They are not only noisy for indoors, they seriously stink.  Unless you clean their hutch every 7 minutes.  

Sportsdude

Oh why thank you so much PC. *hugs* :))))) *blows out candles*

Russ- Germany is next summer for finishing my language credit. It seems expensive but German Summer School is cheaper than taking 2 classes in the summer on international fees are ridiculous, and that's not counting rent, which is also high. Besides, next year is the world cup and then the Tour de France. Also, I'm lucky to have a friends in the east of Holland and Hungary.

I've decided to go on the 'german phd student at ubc undergrad course load.' I don't care if places of U of T believe that finishing in 4.5-5yrs means 'part time.' lol The germans on campus are more bookish and on average took 6yrs to finish.

PC- You haven't bought the truck? Ford in the next few years is going to remodel (finally its going on 15yrs if I remember correctly) the Ranger.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

No...we haven't bought the truck.  (you mean the Tacoma ?)  We were waiting them out, but they won.  Tacoma is out.  Too much.  Toyota is not interested in budging an inch.  They have offered incentives over the last few months on everything BUT the Tacoma.    

Lil Me

The wedding was fun.  The funniest part about it was that MrLM and my boss were sent on a last minute shopping trip for the groom.  Stoopid git forgot to pack condoms on his own wedding night.

I had no idea that bunnies were so stinky indoors.  Thanks for the FYI!  I guess you're going to tell me the same thing about a pygmy goat.  LOL      
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Condoms ?  Wedding night ?  

Yes bunnies stink....a LOT.  They stink outdoors too.  We had a bunny growing up.  Dad built a deluxo hutch for it, with a floor that allowed the poops to fall through to a removable tray.  Anyways....conscientious cleaning didn't help the aroma.

Lise

LOL on the condom business. That's hilarious!

Oh ja, bunnies stink to high heaven. Whenever we take the kids to Maplewood Farm, I absoutely refuse to go into the hutch on account those bunnies look like something out of this world plus they're incredibly stinky.

Girl's night out tonight. I can't wait. No kids, no hubbies, no boyfriends.... should be nice and relaxing for a change.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|