So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Chicklet

Really people.  Where are we going with all this eggplant talk?  It serves no purpose and it's as bland as the vegetable itself.  I'm sorry I brought it up.  Now can we PLEASE move on?  That means you tenkani.
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

P.C.

How 'bout those Nicks.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Chicklet

Yes, how 'bout those Nicks?
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

P.C.

Yipes.....busted.  I know nothing....I don't even know how to spell Nicks.  Nix?  Nichs?  Nics?

tenkani

The Sharks suck.
The Ducks suck.
California sucks      
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Chicklet

I don't know anything about them either except that it's basketball.  Right?  If it's not hockey, I could really care less.

I've just realized that I am in a sour mood.  Thank god 'STFU' is around to take it out on. ;D

P.C.

Awwww, tenkani.....it's OK

Chicklet

That is one of the cutest things I have ever seen P.C.  Hmmm.  Not in such a bad mood anymore.  Thanks Lady.

P.C.

Well actually I stole it FROM tenkani.....I just felt it was time to give it back.

It did the same for me Chicklet.

Chicklet

Hey P.C?  Any big plans for the weekend?

P.C.

Well this IS my weekend.  I work on Sundays.

I think I'm going to try to start taking my deck apart.  It's HUGE, and the stringers are rotting so it is becoming unsafe.  Much of the cedar is still good, so I'm going to try to salvage as much as possible. My back is kinda screwed right now, so I'll see how it feels tomorrow.  But I have some new ideas for replacing it (and it won't be cedar)  

P.C.

Chicklet

I have a 2 year olds B-Day party to go to tomorrow afternoon and then I don't know what.  It's been go, go, go for me lately so I would be quite happy to just sit on my deck and enjoy our new view.  We had two big cedars trimmed yesterday and now we can see clear across the Fraser and up to the mt's.

Decks are great aren't they?  But they do need care and upkeep.  Ours needs some tlc too.  What are your plans for it?

tenkani

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Awwww, tenkani.....it's OK[/span]
Thank you kindly, miss!      
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

P.C.

Because of the size of it, it would be far too expensive to do it again in cedar, so I was thinking of flagstone.  It would allow me to extend it to surround a gi-normous cedar tree, which the present deck has a fence at the end in front of it.  I'd really like it's glory to be in your face.  It's an old feller....most likely 4 to 5 hundred years old and the trunk at the base is at least 8 feet through the centre.  I don't know how big around it is, but it's magnificent.

You've been doing the reno's.....so I'd recommend enjoying the occasional pause to appreciate what you've done.  If it's all work and no relaxo, it becomes not so fun real quick.  

|