So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

curses

coffee with a pepsi chaser.  

Chicklet

Oh tenk.  I though I asked nicely not to mention the eggplant.  *sigh*  Now my wonderful chocolate thoughts are gone... Bye chocolate,bye.
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

P.C.

Some visual stimuli perhaps Chicklet

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

tenkani

Sorry. I'm in a fly in the ointment mood today.
Actually it's more of a turd in the casserole mood, but I'm trying my best to be good.

I promise not to mention eggplant again today.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

P.C.

I'll make no such promises.

[DIV class=M2A] [H1]Chocolate Eggplant[/H1]  2 x eggplants, thinly sliced

[DIV class=C8] [DIV class=main] [UL class=Recipe_Ingredient_Lines] [LI]Coarse sea salt   [LI]Flour for dredging   [LI]Extra virgin olive oil, for deep frying   [LI]16 oz bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces (450g)   [LI]1 cup milk (240ml)   [LI]1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped (120ml[/LI][/UL]

[DIV class=title5]Directions:

[H2]Chocolate Eggplant[/H2] [DIV class=main] [OL] [LI]Prep the eggplant by salting the slices and laying them in a colander for 30 minutes to sweat out any bitterness. Rinse and blot dry.   [LI]Dredge eggplant slices into flour and deep-fry in extra virgin olive oil set at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Avoid frying too many at once, as temperature of the oil will drop causing eggplant slices to become overly greasy. Absorb excess oil by placing eggplant slices on paper towels.   [LI]To melt chocolate, place it in a stainless steel bowl over a pot of simmering water. Whisk in milk until the consistency of the chocolate becomes velvety.   [LI]Place eggplant slices on a dish. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle toasted almonds on top. Let sit at room temperature before serving.[/LI][/OL][/DIV]

Sportsdude

pork I believe.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]pork I believe.[/span]

ROFL

Chicklet

You people SUCK!

But that is the box of chocolateswe had.  Yes, HAD.  It's all gone but I only had two pieces.
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

kitten

After suffering through eggplant your co-slave should have offered the whole box of chocolates to you.  You earned it!!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

The only thing eggplant has going for it is it's beautiful colour and shape.  Other than that, it's not unlike sucking on an old dish-cloth.

Chicklet

Okay, that's enough.

Anyone have plansfor this weekend?  I keep hearing conflicting reports on the weather.

P.C.

I've personally put in a request for sunshine......and I asked very nicely.  I believe good manners should be rewarded.   Get out the sunscreen.

Chicklet

Thank you P.C.  I'm sure your sweet nature and kindness will be rewarded.

tenkani

Sucking on an old dish cloth???
Look, eggplant just takes a little TLC to prepare correctly.
It's so easy to under/overcook it.
But when it's done right it's like...well it's like sucking on a brand new dish cloth!

P.C.

rofl  

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/verschiedene/c010.gif" border=0]

|