So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Chicklet

You know, renovations. :P
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Sportsdude

Oh cool, that must mean the house is an olde.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Chicklet

Older.  About 50 years old but in great shape.  We are ripping out the kitchen, updating the bathroom and adding a bathroom in the basement.  We also plan to knock out a wall and build a huge walk in closet with all kinds of built ins.  It's a lot of work but the reward is great.
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Sportsdude

Cool. My old house was built in the 60's. It had radiant heating which was neat but it meant you couldn't have a basement which sucked.  But it wasn't really 40 years old because half the house burned down when I was 2 in '87.

Chicklet

Sportsdude

Yeah dad had an old Chevy Nova and it blew up in the garage.(dieseled which means it leaked something sparked and kaboom). It was so bad it was a three alarm fire.  Made the news and was in the paper. I have the paper cut out somewhere it shows my dad picking up something in the backyard looking at the gutted house.

Then it happend again a couple years later except this time it was my church and that fire was HUGE. The church was really big. So big (as in size not members) it was the top story in the news that night. Miss the old church. Would always go up to the organ in the balconey and watch dad get ready (he's an organist/child prodigey has been playing the organ since 8 started playing in services at 12, 12!, plus he's like a freaking opera singer).

Chicklet

So sorry to hear that.  Fires are so devestating.  As long as no one was hurt I guess 'stuff' can be replaced. :'(

Sportsdude

Yeah but you loose all the memories. That church thou has been thru a lot. burned down, shot at, broken into, robbed, pastor was fired for conduct and membership  has dropped below 100.

Chicklet

So...  What's for lunch?

Sportsdude

Chicklet

Ah cereal.  The 'anytime' food.  What kinda cereal?

kitten

Hi, Chicklet.    I'm making some French Toast topped with peaches and whipped cream, with a couple of strips of bacon.  What are you having?      
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

kitten wrote:
   Hi, Chicklet.    I'm making some French Toast topped with peaches and whipped cream, with a couple of strips of bacon.  What are you having?  

Hyper-salivation at the thought
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

store brand. Out of cheerios.

Chicklet

Hy there kitten!  Sounds great.I\'m not too sure what I\'m having.  I don\'t know until I get up to the office with the food.  It\'s whatever is provided but it is usually quite good with a nice selection.

|