So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

HAHAHAHAAAA!   DOWN boy....DOWN.

Dinner was pretty fine if I do say so myself.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

We went to a greek restaurant to celebrate a friend's bday for dinner.  It was ok.  We only really knew the bday boy and his g/f.  Everyone else was kinda cliquey.  I didn't feel like I belonged there.  

P.C.

Awww...I know that feeling.  

But was dinner good ?

Sportsdude

I know the feeling big time. Whenever I'm out with my cousin and his friends come along and bring people I don't know, I become a silent mouse.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Do you feel like it's "you" that they don't like talking to?  I'm generally a happy go-lucky kinda gal who jokes with company but these people, didn't even want to include me in conversations or explain to me what they were talking about, no matter what effort I put into it.  Oh well....

Dinner wasn't too shabby.  I've had better. ;)

OMG, 11PM!  I gotta head for bed soon.  Have a pleasant evening and sweet dreamz PC and SD.

Sportsdude

easily!
I'm the same way with company pl, at first it takes me a while for me to warm up to people and then once I feel comfortable I talk a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot until I go hoarse in most cases.
But when I'm with my cousin down in the 'country' and run into his friends gf's for example. I get the feeling they think I'm some city boy and they look down on me. Its like the ultimate 'cold' vibe/shoulder.
They give the look like "and who are you?" *snort*
"oh YOUR his cousin, I see."

its like that the whole night. Or if the conversation turns to me they try to humilate me in some way through jokes that don't make a lick of sense.

I tell my cousin that if people like that show up at one of his parties I'm going to the truck or walking home. In the end though you feel like you did something wrong, that they didn't like you etc.

Almost bullyish.

P.C.

I'm done too.  Good night purelife....SD.   [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/k030.gif" border=0]

Devil

Gooood Morning Lunchers!

Beautiful Tuesday here!

Not too hot or too cool!

Devil

OK, I made up my mind on the weekend about South Florida. I am staying put. I found myself just loving the cooler air and mountains way too much. I never realized, Miami is one of the flattest places I have ever been?!!  Calgary is far enough away, but an hour drive and I am in Rocky Mountain Peaks! Day to day living, I don't want +32 all year either. I love cooler nights too!

But, the really good news is, I am still going to help our division there get started and try to help build a strong workforce. So that means, a lot of trips there throughout the year. I will appreciate it come January.

Anyways, just thought I would give a little 'Devil' update.

Schadenfreude

Sportsdude wrote:

They give the look like "and who are you?" *snort*
"oh [FONT color=#c00000]YOUR[/FONT] his cousin, I see."

Perhaps they make fun of you because you use [FONT color=#c00000]YOUR[/FONT] instead of [FONT color=#c00000]YOU'RE.[/FONT]

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Sportsdude

smart move devil. Mountains are better then beaches they get boring.  

Devil

Thanks sports!

yes, I have yet to get bored with the mountains. The tempterature cooled down here, and it is so fresh. I love it. I guess I am too Canadian?? I think you appreciate the beaches and warm more too when you go to them only a few times a year maybe? who knows, every person is different.

Sportsdude

well to me beaches have never been 'cool' or 'awesome'. Its only walkable during the morning and evening. Inbetween its too hot. And nobody goes in the water. So you sit around and be a couch potatoe. To me that's not 'fun'. That's boring.
Plus all the beaches are commercialized down there. So its just sand and hotels. All the beaches I've been to north of the sun belt are parks. They've got bike paths and trees, rocks, and scenery. Florida beaches and sun belt beaches are stupid. Sand and hotels.

Devil

LOL! aren't you a ray of sunshine today! kidding.

I have fun on the beaches. Especially when I was in Cuba. When you live in a cool, dreary environment for most of the year, a few days of R&R on a lazy beach is what the doctor ordered. But, yes, I could see it become boring after awhile for sure.

When I go on holidays, I always do a lot of daily excursions too.

Some people think mountains are boring too. Not I.

purelife

Hiya Devil and SD.

Speaking of beaches, I went to Buntzen Lake, Devil, for my first time the other weekend.  OMG, it was absolutely beautiful.  It's nothing compared to the beaches down in the Lower Mainland.  I loved swimming in it.

|