So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Then chances are....he doesn't know 'the move'.

I don't know what it's doing over there, but it is just pounding down here.  I actually have a fire on today.....mind you, that's just so I can keep the doors wide open.  But it's kinda cold.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Cloudy here and misting on and off- so still warm.  But my patio chairs are wet :(  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Sounds like a yummy dinner, you two. I'm not a big fan of halibut. Dunno. Maybe I just don't know how to make em. You'll have to tell me the secret to making fish burgers, PC. Each time I put it on a grill, they come back.... in pieces. I do love salmon burgers though. Yum.

Thanks for the words of comfort, Lil Me. If they start charging me, I'm not taking any crap. It's brand new, you shouldn't have to be charged for that. I think I read somewhere that it's under a 3 year warranty. Now I'm hesistant about cars made by Mazda. Hmm.

Dinner tonight was dried anchovies in sambal sauce. I'm not sure I'm going to make that dish again. Tasted... kinda.... well, they were hard to swallow. Hubby flat out refused to eat anchovies, claims the little eyes watched his every move. Can't say I blame him even though I removed all the heads and guts (which took forever considering how small these suckers are). I made coconut flavored rice which the kids love.

Can't wait to watch Sin City tonight. Good stuff. I gotta lock the kids up.....
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Coconut rice sounds delish.  Do you have to cook it on the stove, or can you chuck all the ingredients into the rice cooker?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

sloppy joes. the caravan of folks came, and I retreat to the basement. lol

I don't know where to start with them since the last time I saw them was 5 years ago lol.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I'm still processing the dried anchovies. ....but the rice does sound yummy.  

Sportsdude

anchovies. hmm never had.

P.C.

Yea....I shouldn't knock it.  Ya never know.  I've only ever used them when making a caesar salad.

Sportsdude

the tv tells me that they are horrid tasting.

Schadenfreude

When I go to a new pizza joint I look to see if they have anchovies as a topping.

I love anchovie, salami, tomato pizza.

The better places offer anchovies.
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

P.C.

I don't know how they would be on their own.....but yea.....pizza is another place where they are good.  (I like smoked oysters on my pizza)

Lise

It's a Malaysian acquired taste, those dried anchovies. You can usually spot them (smell them) if you browse through any of those Asian medicine shops. Kinda looks like this.

See? I wasn't kidding about them big ole eyes staring at you........ and yes, you get the eat everything, bone and all. If it's done right, they really do taste good.

Yes, you can make coconut rice, Lil Me, in the rice cooker, believe it or not. You just add coconut milk and 1/2 water of whatever you measure your rice. If you prefer thicker, richer taste, just add coconut milk and no water. Toss in a few grated ginger and viola. I added a pandan leaf but you don't really need to. Malay term for the rice is: nasi lemak. Another Malaysian dish.

I made this dish: [A href="http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Market/7773/nasilemak.html"]http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Market/7773/nasilemak.html[/A] from my website.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I love hearing about the dishes you cook Lise.  So different from what I'm used to.....but you always make them sound intriguing.

Sportsdude

well gosh what a night.

It was 12:30 and I thought 'hey harry potter!' i bet Border's is closed though its past midnight. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

There was about 2,000 people in the store, they sold at least 1,500 books in 3hrs. Just got home spent the 3 hours mainly talking to these two asian girls who were in line in front of me. ;)  crazy hectic and I've got to be on the road in 6hrs to KC. ha!

They ran out of coffee at 2:00, I thought that was hysterical.

Lise

Hey PC.

Awww. Thank you, lady. I love hearing about your tips too, PC. I'm always out for good recipes so I enjoy talking about these things with everyone.

Most of my recipes..... are quite experimental. Hehe. The more exotic and difficult to make, the more I want to make them. If they work OK, then it goes into my coverted book of recipes which I intend to hand down to my kids.

So far, the only one who doesn't complain is my dog. He's not too fussy which is why I love having him in the kitchen. He's so darn attentive and non-fussy.
Bill Cosby.

|