So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Hmm but in overall landscape Toronto is more Chicago then what they want to be like New York.
Oh Portland has its drug issues. Lots of homeless teens.
Chili is wack

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Devil

I know Portland does. I have a great friend there. Believe me, it has nothing on the drug issues on east Hastings. But what does?

Devil

I keep hearing that "Toronto wants to be like New York"? Most Toronto folks I know, and meet, and while I was there are pretty much content with them just being 'Toronto'. I don't know where people get that from?

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Just got back from a nice stroll through the woods.

Time to make some monkee chow I think.

How are you folks doing?   =)  
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Sportsdude

San Fransico has pretty bad homeless drug issues.
If East Hastings is the worst in Canada, your doing pretty good really.

Michel

I keep hearing that "Toronto wants to be like New York"? Most Toronto folks I know, and meet, and while I was there are pretty much content with them just being 'Toronto'. I don't know where people get that from?

That's conformist crap. People repeat cliché read on the net.

SD, no offence, but in your uninformed tourist comparison of Montréal and Québec with Boston and Europe (nothing more nothing less lol), you forget about 400 years of disitnct history, culture, and language evolution far away from Europe, and in opposition (and even war) against UK and USA.

Sorry but you sound like a character from the US parody of US culture in the movie "If this is Tuesday this must be Belgium"...

Devil

I am pretty sure it is one of the worst drug problem areas in North America. It, along with the homelessness is supposed to triple within 3 years.

[A href="http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070103/vancouver_homeless_070103/20070104/"]http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070103/vancouver_homeless_070103/20070104/[/A]

I am not saying other places are better, or worse, but Vancouver is up there with anywhere as far as this issue goes.  

Devil

Michel wrote:

That's conformist crap. People repeat cliché read on the net.

SD, no offence, but in your uninformed tourist comparison of Montréal and Québec with Boston and Europe (nothing more nothing less lol), you forget about 400 years of disitnct history, culture, and language evolution far away from Europe, and in opposition (and even war) against UK and USA.

Sorry but you sound like a character from the US parody of US culture in the movie "If this is Tuesday this must be Belgium"...

I agree too. Quebec reminds me of....Quebec. One of the most beautiful places I have been through, although it was a brief tour.

Toronto is just plain, Toronto. Like it or hate it, TO is itself.

Devil

Michel, if you register, I will bless you...a blessing from a Devil ROCKS! Ask anyone!

Sportsdude

no no no you missed my point on Quebec. I meant europe as 'europe in look due to the history' its not a typical north american looking town.    

Devil

*opens bar*

OK, what'll it be?

Sportsdude

In 2002 San Fransico had [span id="bodytext" class="georgia md"]8,640 homeless people.
Now they've got 6k but still that's double Vancouver.
[/span]  

Russ

I also found Quebec to be distinctive.. beautiful city with semi friendly people.

Toronto is as Devil said.. Toronto. I didnt like it too much.. but the surrounding areas and communities were nice like Guelph, Kitchener/Waterloo.. etc etc.

As for Saskatchewan.. I found it to be one big bug waiting to eat you and carry you away.

Europe was the place with the many different types of plugs so you have to carry ten different adaptors. I liked Europe in the fact that theres such a diverse peoples and cities with vastly different backgrounds and cultures so close to each other in terms of distance.. so its cheap and easy to go visit there for a week or even a weekend. We have what.. McDonalds and Hotdog stands right around the corner.. fly a bit farther and you are in to the Burrito joints.. with McDonalds and Miller right next to it.

I like Michel's idea of Pho however.. I just got back from Surrey to drop off some driveline parts on my truck to get modified.. wow, the prices have drastically increased since I had it done two years ago.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Something fruity.

Something tropical.

Something with a little umbrella in it.    
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Isis

Something fruity.   -G. Bush

Something tropical.   -Stephen Harper

Something with a little umbrella in it.   -hmmmm let's not go there![/DIV]
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please", then I'll say "no" because its shorter than "Yes"

|