So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

well that's sort of hard to do these days. Heck now the 'american' automakers build their 'american cars' in China.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Have you ever put jicama in a salad.  I love the sweet crunchiness of it.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I've never put it in a salad, but I've eaten it on veggie plates.  MMMMM.  I like raw turnips and daikon radish, too.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I like raw turnip too......but cooked makes me gag.

I have a yummy salad with jicama cut into matchsticks....with dried apricots and shrimp and some other goodies.  It's really good.    

Sportsdude

wow when does it get completely dark in Vancouver? Katkam is making me jealouzz.  

Lil Me

P.S.- That sounds delish.

SD- later.  It's only 9:30 here.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I've never seen the sun up before at 9:30

Lil Me

Must be the latitude (49 versus 38 in St Louis).  

Sportsdude

Yeah that would be it.
You guys must get a lot done in the summer months.
Funny if the sun came down at your time here, half the businesses here would be closed when the sun is still up. lol

49er

SD.........its the time zone......its noon in China and sunny now

P.C.

Half the businesses here are closed while it's still daylight.

Sportsdude

I know its the time zone. But it was pitch black here at 9:30pm. I've never experienced being up that late with the sun still up. To me that sounds like heaven, I can be outside longer.  

Sportsdude

There's a smoothie king by my house that closes at 6.  

Lil Me

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Half the businesses here are closed while it's still daylight.[/div]--
 That's because your community has so many retired people who go home and sleep early!

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
There's a smoothie king by my house that closes at 6.  
 --
 Makes sense.  Who wants a smoothie in the middle of the night? It's a morning thing.

|