So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

kitten wrote:
purelife wrote:
Evening kitten.  That's certainly very healthy and quick to prepare.  Salads are the best to have during this season. :))  How's your evening going?  
  [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]The easy to prepare was what I had in mind.  I couldn't get up the energy to cook tonight.
My evening is going much too quickly.  I'll be heading for bed pretty soon, say 9 o'clock or so.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Oh, I totally understand.  My friend and I were actually discussing about how this day and age, many things are there for convenience whether it be pre-washed food, microwaved frozen entrees, cell phones, computers, laptops etc.  I'm glad that we have these convenience items. It sure does help save time.

kitten

These conveniences give a little more free time for relaxation, too.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

funny I wash the pre-wash stuff anyway.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Hey everyone!

I'm steaming a lot of veggies in the micro these days.  Easy.  In a corning ware dish with lid.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

That's good SD.  Keep on doing it because we're technically supposed to.  I was told not to trust anything with the pre-washed label because you never know what kind of water they're washing these veggies with.  I got lazy a couple of times and didn't bother with pre-washing, but I know that I should.  

Sportsdude

yup that's what I do. And it seems to me that all the pre-washed stuff always gets recalled. lol  

purelife

True.  Spinach was the latest, wasn't it?  

Lil Me

I don't wash bag salad.  I'm lazy and I don't like wet lettuce.  (they don't wash the stuff in restaurants, either)  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I believe so.

Also don't eat anything from China. And don't use Chinese tooth paste its got poison in it. Food and drug quality is so bad in China the Communists didn't just fire the FDA cheif they executed him. lol

purelife

Lil Me wrote:
Hey everyone!

I'm steaming a lot of veggies in the micro these days.  Easy.  In a corning ware dish with lid.
 [hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
 Which veggies are you steaming?  I've never tried that method.  I've always just used a steaming basket.

Lil Me

Tonight: sliced broccoli, carrots and a turnip.

I used to steam on the stove, too. (with medicore results because I didn't always babysit my veggies)  But my newfangled microwave has pre-set buttons for cooking different things, so I had to try them out.  (my old micro was 10+ yrs old and a piece of junk)

purelife

Neat-o!  That must be a time saver.  Hmmm, I should check my microwave too and try out the steaming thing.    

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
Also don't eat anything from China.
 --
 That's a bit of a problem here in Van.  We'd have no cooking condiments, spices, dried mushrooms/fish/shrimp or noodle products.

purelife

Imagined if SD said "Don't buy anything from China!" ;)  

Sportsdude

well the whole pet food thing happened.
Then they had poisonous tooth paste that was sent to south east asia and Peru.
Apparently the FDA guy there was just taking bribe after bribe. So that's why he faced the firing squad.

|