So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

basically he acts like a clingy girlfriend.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Devil wrote:
[em]Sportsdude wrote:
that's because this is been like the 10th message from him with the same thing.
He texts me constantly, emails me constantly, telling me about his problems and how he has it tough in life.[/em]

Show him pics of Seattle and area including the ocean and forests. Then show him pictures of what you don't like about where you are.
I've done that, been there done that. I've driven him past the urban decay of North Saint Louis, East Saint Louis etc. He still gets this pissy attitude.  He always talks about his interests first in my moving away.  He has a holier then thou attitude.

Sportsdude

Devil wrote:
[em]Sportsdude wrote:
He texts me constantly, emails me constantly, telling me about his problems and how he has it tough in life.[/em]

Show him pics of Seattle and area including the ocean and forests. Then show him pictures of what you don't like about where you are.
I've done that, been there done that. I've driven him past the urban decay of North Saint Louis, East Saint Louis etc. He still gets this pissy attitude.  He always talks about his interests first in my moving away.  He has a holier then thou attitude.

Devil

So instead of supporting someone to follow their dreams, which may include moving away from a place you are not crazy about, he tries to make you feel dumb for thinking the way you do. I would smack him in the head and take him off my friends list!  

Sportsdude

Devil wrote:
[em]Sportsdude wrote:

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
I got up this morning to a myspace email that my friend doesn't want to be my friend anymore because of Canada.
 --

If someone doesn't want to be your friend, there's not much you can do about that.  Cut your losses and move on.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

lol sorry about the multiple posts. lol

Yeah he says things like "why would you ever want to leave here".  He considers Seattle a different country I guess.  Must get it from his parents who say that my friend shouldn't move to California because "its not for you, its full of crazy people and liberals".

Sportsdude

Well I've always got my cousin to talk to, and he doesn't care. (which is surprising) but oh well.  

Lil Me

sh*t- it stopped raining.  I might not have time for poutine at Costco after all.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

tenkani

"its not for you, its full of crazy people and liberals".

See, I keep telling you to move to Cali!!
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

tenkani wrote:
[em]"its not for you, its full of crazy people and liberals".[/em]

See, I keep telling you to move to Cali!!

lol, I like california, northern california. I hate the never ending strip malls and boring houses, and attitude of socal.
So from Bakersfield or redneckville california style to San Diego I'm not really a fan.
Fresno north thumbs up.

tenkani

Agreed!!!

Too bad we can't combine the weather of San Diego with the people in the S.F. bay area     :(

Sportsdude

You wouldn't believe how spin the state of California here, SF is full of marxist-leninist gay men who like orgies. SoCal is Hollywood liberal with no morals.  When ever somebody talks about California here its Sodom and Gomorrah.  

tenkani

Tell them to visit Monterey and it might change their minds   *gag*

Yeah, to most of the country Cali is summed up with a few iconic images. Surf boards and palm trees. Homosexuals. The "hollywood elite" etc etc.

I guess it's human nature to look for simple answers to complex questions.

Sportsdude

yup and I like California, just don't like the way its represented on tv.  

|