Isreal attacks Lebanon, I think Isreal is at war now

Started by Sportsdude, Jul 12 06 10:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Let's see they've invaded Gaza and now Lebanon. Come on Olmert attack Syria while you're at it and cause World War III. I know you can do it of course you'll always have america backing you up so no fears.

[A href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5173078.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5173078.stm[/A]
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Gopher

soapbox

actually america is not entirely backing up israel this time and will not have support if the IDF moves on syria.

israel is at war with the lebanese government because the lebanese government refuses to reign in the hezbolla,stating they can't.

the hezbolla have representation (23 seats) with the lebanese government,so therefore the actions of hezbolla militiamen are a reflection on the lebanese government.

israel has been patient with violations of it's nothern borders and pulled out earlier.

the solution?

the lebanese people voice it's desire to become a peaceful neighbour of israel and refuse to endorse the policies of the hezbolla (who are supported by syria and iran).

Sportsdude

U.S. showed support for Isreal today by vetoing a bill that would have called the invasion illegal.

kingy

and i thought they were so close to peace.

Sportsdude

Peace? LoL. Peace doesn't exisit in the middle east.

Lise

It's really sad. Two nations who can't see past their differences. Seems like nobody wants peace in the middle-east any more. *sigh*

Now there's talk that Egypt might get involve. They're going to show support for Lebanon. I hope this ugly business will blow over.................. [FONT size=1]but it doesn't look like it might.[/FONT]

[FONT size=1][/FONT]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

And it will all end in talk - until the next time.

kitten

I hope it ends in just talk.  The world has enough wars going on.......far too many, actually.  In my mind one is too many.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

One is far too many. If only they'd be content to talk at the start, rather than at the end, there'd by none of the intervening waste.

kitten

I still think that if the nations' leaders had to be in the front line of any war they declared, there would be a lot more debate and a lot less action.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Well considering this has the potential of a world type scale, talk is not the answer.

In my opinion, and this opinion would be construde as anti semitic down here because its not pro pro pro israeli is that Israel has done this too harshly. Yes a terrorist organization kidnapped a couple of your soldiers. You don't invade countries over that. You send a special ops group into the area and resucue them. Just because Hezzbollah took a couple soldiers doesn't give you the right to bomb the crap out of Lebannon.  That's like when the U.S. accidentally bombed Canadian forces in afghanistan you did see Ottawa try to bomb Washington.  

Lise

Talk is always the first step, IMHO. What a total waste of lives.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.