Moving to Vancouver

Started by Maria, Jul 11 06 03:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Maria

Sportsdude, you are my age...i'm 19 and about to be 20 in 8 months so i have ways to go...=)...i watch smallville, i didnt know it was set in Canada....

Sportsdude

If you want to know where I live click on my profile. Am I happy living here (ah the answer would be a big NO) where am I going next? Seattle for 4 years then to Vancouver for law school and want to take my bar in BC so that means I'll have to live there. Plan on becoming a citzen of Canada by 2015 just before I turn 30.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

oh yeah its set in Canada. Lex's mansion is a castle in Victoria, the farm is on 0 avenue at the border. The talon is a place in Cloverdale, BC. Central Kansas A&M is the UBC Library, Met U is also UBC.

Here's the website that tells you where everything is:

[A href="http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/totw/filmloc.html"]http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/totw/filmloc.html[/A]

Maria

Ohhhhh....sportsdude, u live in the US, I thought u lived in Canada!! Saint Louis, Missouri....i heard that is one of the most dangerous cities in the US, must be bad...well its cool, i'm planning on studying law too so if i end up moving to canada, we might go to the same law school, since we are the same age....=)

I used to watch Smallville more when Jensen Ackles (Jason Teague) was on there, he was hot!!! Lana Lang (kristen kreuk) is really pretty too.[/DIV]

Sportsdude

Its Kristin but thats okay. Purelife isn't a big fan of hers.

Yeah St. Louis is pretty bad. Lots of crime/urban decay/segregation/racism. The Canadian equivalent would be Winnipeg.

Sportsdude

for example North Saint Louis looks like a war zone.

Ain't it lovely. AHHHH HOME SWEET HOME!!

Maria

Racism, really? Against who?? There is not a lot of racism in California, at least where i live, so i assumed it didnt exist anymore..what race are u btw  

Maria

Oh my god...where is that???? that house looks creepy...

Sportsdude

North Saint Louis. Saint Louis since the begining of time it seems has been a de facto segregated community. The black/vietnamese (why the vietnamese who knows but there influence is big cuz all you see on the north side is chinese places I think they got along well because the gangs that run that part of the city got along.) Anyway the blacks always lived in the north part of the town and there was always this line (forest park) that black people would not cross and the white people would not cross. The white community (itialian,polish, german, french) lived in the south of the city. Thats the nicer area. Its never changed and still won't. White people use to live in North Saint Louis County but they moved out and moved to a nieghbouring county because black people started moving in. This is called white flight. I'm white grown up in the rich part of the county but my roots and cultural perspective is in North St. Louis County. Went to a mostly black high school in the city. Had racial slurs thrown at me because I went to school at a predominantly black school.

Maria

Wow, that sucks....i had no idea....i'm mixed...my dad is from spain and my mom is german and italian but i look mainly italian...is that why u want to move to seattle?

Sportsdude

Maria

You should go to a school in Cali...to a community college and transfer to one of the UC's...some parts are really nice but i'm getting tired of living here cuz i have lived in the bay area for 19 years...but i heard it was better than seattle...

Sportsdude

Nah. Its too nice and sunny there. Rain and crappy weather fit my personality. Plus I like the area and its a keyhole to the rest of the world (Norway).

Maria

The bay area...nice and sunny??? I think ur thinking about the LA, San Diego area...its really cold in the bay area, especially san francisco...

Sportsdude

Seattle doesn't have the baggage SF has plus when an earthquake happens that city is going into the bay because its poorly designed.

|