Anybody Used Zyban?

Started by I Need Help, Jul 11 06 12:33

Previous topic - Next topic

I Need Help

I need to quit smoking.  (Twenty years - 40 cigs a day).  I am killing myself.  Has anyone used Zyban?  How did it work for you?  Please no posts about will power etc, just thoughts and experiences using Zyban.

Thanks in advance

Doood

I need to quit smoking.  (Twenty years - 40 cigs a day).  I am killing myself.  Has anyone used Zyban?  How did it work for you?  Please no posts about will power etc, just thoughts and experiences using Zyban.

Just use your will power and you can- oh wait, never mind.

Some Chick

No one that I know that's tried it has succeeded.  I hear that it does give you dry mouth and can cause nausea and dizziness.  But that's about it.  My mom, after smoking for years, finally gave up without any other help than the thought of a trip my dad promised her if they banked the money she spent on two packs of smokes per day instead.  That was back in October and after smoking for 30 years, she's still not.

TehBorken

I've heard Zyban and Wellbutrin (same thing?) work great for some people and don't work at all for others. I don't know if it's chemical or psychological but the effect seems to vary widely.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

The only way to stop is if you have a cancer scare that scares you forever or you quit cold turkey.  I don't smoke but in order to stop you need to have goals and will power to stop.

Football coach used to smoke then just constantly drank diet cokes. In other words you need to find something to replace it.  Coffee works I've heard.  But try the gum or patch. You can do it.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."