Wait For Us, We're The Leader!

Started by TehBorken, Jul 06 06 02:31

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

More Microsnot blather. These guys crack me up.

[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]According to a report from Engadget, Microsoft is poised to [a href="http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/06/microsoft-planning-wifi-enabled-portable-media-player-working-o/"]finally take on the Apple iPod[/a] this holiday season. Tired of uninspiring offerings from its hardware partners, Microsoft is getting into the ring itself. The new media player from Microsoft will feature a bigger screen than the iPod Video, have built-in WiFi for downloading music without a PC, and Microsoft will work with music and TV content providers to build an iTunes Music Store competitor. In what may be the crucial competitive stroke, Microsoft will also allow you to download from its store any song that you've purchased from Apple, unlocking users from iPod's vendor lock-in.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
And of course, paving the way to lock users into the Microsoft model instead! Wooooowee. As someone else said, "It'll be built with the reliability and simplicity you've come to expect from Microsoft." (That's sarcasm, by the way.)

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Wake me when Microsoft comes up with something new on their own. And I don't mean a new virus, trojan, or security hole, else I'll never get any sleep.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.