The Dog Whisperer

Started by P.C., Jul 16 07 08:13

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Has anybody watched this?  This guy is absolutely amazing.  I watched it the first time, just because it was just....on......and I was too lazy to change it, because I wasn't watching anyways.  I got lured into looking because he's so incredible.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I saw a couple of films from National Geographic tonight on the computer called the dog whisperer.  Is it the same guy....Hispanic, not too tall?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Yes....His name is Cesar Millan. What did you think of him?

Lise

There's a DOG WHISPERER? Wow. I had no idea there's such a thing as a dog whisperer. Is there a link to this story?

I had no idea one was capable of whispering to one's mutt. Probably why my dog's not listening to me.... I'm the one doing all the yelling and he's the one doing all the ignoring.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

There are some videos of him here Lise.

[A href="http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/dogwhisperer/"]http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/dogwhisperer/[/A]

kitten

I thought he was very good.  He seems to have the knowledge of dogs, and more importantly dog owners.  

Lise

Hmmm. Interesting. Thank you for the link! I'll certainly watch more in my spare time. Cesar Milan sounds like a wonderful person.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Have you guys seen this series from Slice network called At the End of My Leash. I personally don't like the guy. He's always barking (excuse the pun) at the dogs. It's really nasty. I mean, c'mon... the dogs behave badly for a reason but it's like constantly screaming at your kid to behave.

Bill Cosby.

kitten

No, I haven't, and I'm glad of it.  I've seen people like that and I want to grab them and shake some sense into them.  There is no reason to treat a dog like that.  They are eager to please, and they just have to be taught what behaviour pleases you.

P.C.

He DOES Kitten.  He seems to have a deeper understanding of the doggy psyche.  He knows they behave like....well...DOGS.  And if they're misbehaving, it is almost always something the owner has instilled in them.  But the amazing part is how quickly he zeros in on the problem and how quickly and quietly he undoes it.

(plus I like the doggy hip-hop tune in the beginning.....rofl)

kitten

I didn't hear that.  Was it only on the TV version, or wasn't I paying attention to the background in the National Geographic films?

P.C.

I guess it would be the TV version.....but it is on the HD National Geographic Channel.

kitten

Oh, rats!  I only get basic cable so I can't watch it.