The first time you got drunk.....

Started by Lise, Jul 01 06 08:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

When was the first time you got drunk? What happened?

I never got drunk but a bit tipsy. I was at a friend's b'day party and had only one glass of wine. My very first and almost fell off the stairs. Nothing too fancy.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

soapbox

big gulp of rye and 7 up.

used my bicycle with a friend....it was crazy ...couldn't drive straight and had never felt the intense physical sensations of alcohol intoxication before.

Future Canadian

I don't really remember the first time I got drunk (what a surprise). But I remember one of the first few drinking sessions where I chugged a whole bottle of Liquer Galliano. I'm glad it wasn't something stronger because that type of nonsense can kill a person.
It's scary as a parent, because you know that teenagers are going to wind up being around alcohol at some point and that even well-raised even-tempered kids will still do impulsive, crazy, show-offy things. Alcohol poisoning scares me. Honestly, I'd rather have kids sitting around smoking pot than drinking alcohol. Other parents usually turn white when I express that opinion, but at least pot is not toxic enough to kill.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

one glass of wine Lise? Come on, really.

Can't get myself drunk even if I tried. Been to a few parties where I tried to get wasted but I just ended up going to the bathroom a lot because I was drinking a lot.  And the scary thing is I don't drink a lot so when I do go to parties and drink like 7 beers, some concoction of rum and vodka or something else. Nothing happends.  The close I've gotten was whenever I drink a few then get up really quickly and have rush a blood to the head thingy. That brings on a drunken like state for 5 mins but I'm not really drunk my body is just slow to recover.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Adam_Fulford

I had some injuries from an altercation during a high school soccer game many years ago. A Mormon dude (these guys are dangerous on the sports field) had tripped me, to stop me from scoring a goal.  I had flown smack into the goal post, most of the impact hitting my elbow, right on the funny bone, creating a sensation like a surge of lighting jolting through my body.  I was so enraged, I had kicked him in the head, knocking him out cold.  Unfortunately, I had broken my foot in the process.  At the clinic I was given codeine pills to elleviate my pain. After swallowing the codeine pills, I was swooning, and collapsed onto my knees. The doctor's office seemed to be warping, and I felt nauseous.  It was then that it was discovered that I'm allergic to codeine.  

Not quite the same as getting drunk, but I thought I'd share.

Quenyar

When I was 14, I did a foreign exchange to East Africa. When I arrived in Nairobi, there were these two blokes arguing over a bottle of Johnny Walker - then they both left and I took it. A couple of days later, my room-mate Alex and I stayed up late and "matched drinks."

We were staying in a older hotel, that had prententions of grandeur. There was a buzzer in every room that allowed you to buzz for room-service at any time. Outside our room's door was a device hung on the wall which displayed the room number that had buzzed for service (on our floor). The attendant would come padding down the hall, read the room number and push it back up and then go to that room number and ask them what they wanted.

About 2 am, we came up with a brilliant plan - we would buzz, go to the box on the wall, push our number up and pull some other room number down.  We thought this was hillarious. Unfortunately, one of the things being drunk does is make you incapable of quitting while you're ahead.

I don't know if it was on our third or fourth turn in the game that the attendant caught us at it and chased us around the floor with a big stick.  They had a big grand staircase - I do not recommend running down one of these when you're drunk.

We did get to the bottom, and we must've been ambulatory because I remember that we went out for steak and eggs.  My last memory from that evening is watching my fork falling in slow motion from the table...

purelife

I don't think that I've ever been pissed drunk but...................    

kingy

ive never been drunk but the night isnt over yet.

Adam_Fulford

That one was true, though it was many years ago.  Needless to say, I'm a much nicer and more evolved person now.  (The nicest guy on set, they say)

purelife

The nicest guy on set, they say
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]How are you off set?

Adam_Fulford

purelife wrote:
The nicest guy on set, they say

[HR style="WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 2px"]

How are you off set?

Ha!  I knew someone would ask me this.  I'm writing these days.  

Gopher

It happened many, many years ago. I'd gone to see some friends in Germany and after travelling for over 24 hours without sleep, I was met and immediately taken to the  beer festival which was in progress in the town. This involved much convivial drinking first in one tent and then in another, later I was seduced into taking an excursion on the large ferris wheel which was in attendance for the event. After this I was taken back to the house where I was going to stay, sat down in a see-through inflatable chair, and thence plied with more drink. To this day I have no idea who undressed me and put me to bed: the following morning I was too embarrrassed to ask.    
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Its funny my cousins live on a farm and when farmers get drunk they start fighting each other. Kids in the city get drunk and its one giant orgy.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Aboozer

a whole mixture of different hard liquors in my fathers liquor cabinet when I was 15. Ended up in the hospital. Thats why I mainly drink beer these days. If I drink to much hard stuff I get flash backs.
I am who I am, love me or hate me...f*ck you if you don't like it.

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

P.C.

Well once, when travelling in Malaysia, I had strayed from the path, and found myself hopelessy lost.  After 2 days, against my better judgement, I decided to 'sample' the berries that were growing in abundance throughout the exotic jungle.  They were rich and sweet with an almost fermented tang to them.  Without prelude, I went down like a brick.  I awoke to raucous music and voices that were one moment a cacophony and the next, a frenzied chant.  I was .......ummm    Oh never mind. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/verschiedene/c010.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.