Your first one...

Started by Future Canadian, Jun 30 06 07:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Future Canadian

What was the first record/cassette/CD you went out and bought with your own money like a big kid?
What was your first concert (you know, real concert)?
Any funny stories atttached? Still like the band?
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

kingy

the first cassette was the chipmunks christmas...

ALLLLVVVIIINNNNN!!!

Future Canadian

The first record I bought was Steve Miller Band's Greatest Hits. I wasn't a huge fan, I just wanted to buy a real live rock 'n roll record.
First concert was Judas Priest. I skipped typing class (ooo what a bad-ass. The one and only time I skipped school) to get in line early.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

My first 'album' was Lee Michaels 5th and my first concert was 10 Years After.  (now if that doesn't put a rough date on things....)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Marik

First CD would be move's "synergy" album (japanese). Sadly, I haven't been to any concerts, but I would love to see Rage Against The Machine... too bad they're gone :(

Sportsdude

U2's All You Can leave behind, never paid real attention to music until 2000 really. Mostly listened to AM radio until about 8th grade.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Cyndi Lauper / Tina Turner's greatest hits.

My first concert................... was not rock. Classical. Mozart's Figaro.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

you went to see a mozart concert???

just how old are you lise??

P.C.

lol kingy.  As Lise is still in her 'child bearing years', I'm guessing she didn't see Mozart live.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

What a shame!  He was really good.    lol
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

TehBorken

Hmmmm, I may *cough* be dating myself here a bit *cough*, but when I was in 9th grade I saw the Allman Brothers at the Capitol Center in MD.  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

I've only been to one live performance, and that was around 1980 - 1981.  Lou Rawls was here and I really love his voice.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

soapbox

first record - herbie hancock (rocket) 1983

first concert - the cure 1983