What is your favourite taste of summer?

Started by kitten, Jun 29 06 01:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicklet

Strawberries and of course corn on the cob done on the BBQ.  Yum, yum.  I love summer.

'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

I forgot about the smell of barbeque.  Nothing better!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Some Chick

Oooh, rainbow trout cooked on the coals of the fire.

Fill the gut with mayonaise, onions, whatever you've got in the cooler, wrap in tinfoil, shiney side out, 7 minutes on the fire...  WICKED!  We hover over it with forks and eat it straight from the foil, no plates.

Gopher

I think I might change my mind now - but maybe, since I've committed myself to raspberries it's too late.In which case I'll just have to keep my chin up, my head down and my eyes modestly averted - I suppose.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

Ice tea. Too bad I can't drink it due to my diabetes.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

You can make your own ice tea, Lise and substitute sugar with estevia.  You can find estivia at a local health food store.  It's a sugar substitute.  It's not sugar but sweet like sugar.

Lise

I tried that purelife. It still made my sugar level go up. I can't take anything sweet for now. Not even juice squeezed from fruit.

It's water, water, water..... for now. I can't wait till I push this kid out. The first thing I'm getting is an ice cappacino from Timmies.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Ah, I see.  Totally understand.    

Future Canadian

Cold water straight from the hose. I wish they could bottle it.  
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

I think they do......wasn't it PT Bailey that said there's a sucker born every minute.

I love watermelon, raspberries and huckleberries.  I love a gin and tonic (but only on a sweltering hot evening).  Ribs on the Bar-B and potato salad the way my mom made it.  Eating peas, pod and all, off the vine  Fresh salmon (and a wonderful salmon sandwich the next day from the piece I forced myself to save the night before).  Baby nugget potatoes boiled and dressed with a shameful dollop of butter, fresh parsley and salt and ground pepper.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Crisper, sweeter salads.  Haven't done THIS one for a lot of years, but toast made over the campfire. Morning coffee on the deck (tastes richer to me).    

Lise

Just reading your post, PC makes me so hungry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Lol, Lise.  I even made myself suffer a little drool action.  Summer food is good, because winter food is more available in the summer than summer food available in the winter.

Here's a few more I was thinking about.

'Fall off the bone' ribs. Corn on the cob, picked when the kernels are still translucent (and eaten the same day).  Even a good ol' hotdog has a certain appeal in the summer.  Nectarines and cherries...omg.  Baby carrots you cook whole and green beans from your own garden (anything from your own garden).  Deviled eggs....not exactly summer food, but that's when they seem to come out.  Watermelon (yeah, I know I already said it, but it's worth a repeat)