Do women find accents sexy?

Started by Sportsdude, Jun 25 06 03:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

I've been denying my whole life that I have a 'southern' accent, now I've come to accept it, sadly.  My whole life I've been trying to rid myself of it now I don't care anymore and its coming back.  Do girls like southern accents?

(Mines really faint, only comes out when I mumble or talk fast.)
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Definitely. You can holler 'yes, yes and more please' in my bedroom anytime you want, SD. In whatever accent you have.

I wouldn't worry too much about your accent. Some women find  southern accent very sexy.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

See the funny thing is I don't think accent because I've basically tried to kill it for 20 years.  So its very poor put I pick the accents around me which are predominantly southern.

Anyway by some of your post you use Aussie lingo, do you have an Aussie accent?

Lise

Sportsdude wrote:
See the funny thing is I don't think accent because I've basically tried to kill it for 20 years.  So its very poor put I pick the accents around me which are predominantly southern.

Anyway by some of your post you use Aussie lingo, do you have an Aussie accent?

No, I don't have an Aussie accent unless I go home and start talking with friends. But even then I make a conscious effort not to sound like an Aussie because I sound weird (to my ears anyways). I have a mixed of M'sian/Chinese accent. It doesn't bother me. I can't change the way I am so why bother.

I tend to use some Aussie lingo because I grew up in Australia, it's natural to me.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I'm exactly the same way. I use my southern accent in more or less to mock people and tend to go into it when I'm thinking off the top of my head or to friends.  What I am good at is talking regional dilects.  Like for example if I moved to a differnt country I could fit right in pretty easily.  I've been known to speak perfect northern irish, scottish, and welsch accents before. I credit that to all the british movies I watch and the BBC which I listen to constantly.

Lise

Really? *grin* Remind me NEVER to mock you again.

I've failed at the Scot accent. Never could figure out how to talk like Sean Connery. *hehe*    
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Oh I got Sean Connery down easy. There was this one commerical that he did or still does where talks and I got that down pat.  Some famous asian Canadian comic said on the National about a month ago that it was impossible for him to do the scottish.  But its also impossible for me to do an asian accent. So I guess it works both ways.

Future Canadian

I have a hard time getting that Scottish accent down too. Growing up in a Public Broadcasting household has made it easy for me to slip in and out of British accents when attempting to be funny (or when I'm nervous about what I'm saying, I've been noticing lately).
I also slip into a Northern US/Canadian accent kinda naturally. (I didn't start noticing it until I saw Fargo and realized that my Mom talks alot like that). I even got accused of being a Canadian born in the US by someone in Vancouver.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

I went to Seattle for a weekend a couple of months ago hoping to run into a Pacific Northwest accent or too but I didn't find any.

Future Canadian

I don't notice the NW having any sort of accent but some people that have moved here from Cali or out east say this region has a distinct accent. It's proximity to Canada kind of lend that northern flavor I guess, right?
I've noticed Canadians end their sentences with "right?" more often than the stereotypical "eh?".

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

purelife

I find accents in general really sexy.  For some odd reason, I feel that the man is more masculine.  I haven't come across many men who has an accent.  Now, an accent with a nice cologne on a guy.... now we're talking!    

purelife

Definitely. You can holler 'yes, yes and more please' in my bedroom anytime you want, SD. In whatever accent you have.
 [hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]In his pom-poms?     Smoking  zzzzzzoouuuuttttzzzaaaaaaa  HHHOOOTTT!    

Adam_Fulford

I've got an accent, they say.  An odd accent.  Attracts insects.

Gopher

I don't know much about whether or not women find accents sexy, but this man certainly does (then again there are some accents which I find totally repellent).
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Some Chick

Generally I'm visually attracted first.  After that, if a guy has a nasal tinge to his voice, I will find that a turn off.  After THAT, if he can't carry a conversation, it doesn't matter what lilt his voice carries, I'm gone.