canada day

Started by sam sulivan, Jun 23 06 03:41

Previous topic - Next topic

sam sulivan

so whats everyone doing for canada day?

purelife

I was thinking of going to Granville Island as usual.

Sportsdude

Put the flag outside, get yelled at.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

LOL!  Excellent SD!  No guts no glory, they say!

Oh, and I get into the spirit of Canada Day by wearing red and white and putting on those flag tattoos all over.  

Lise

Go naked.

No seriously. I'm just going to have a quiet dinner with some friends.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Dissident

The first Canada Day celebration I went to it turns out that I knew the person who sang the anthem.  Later on, I told her that it was pretty sad that it took an American to point out that she had actually left out an entire line of "O Canada" when she sang it . . .  
fenec rawks!

kitten

I'll be working, so no celebrating for me.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

kingy

can somebody confirm that there will be fireworks this year at canada place?? i know there will be lots of activities all day there but vancouver never seems to have any fireworks.

purelife

no fireworks at CP.  They cancelled it two years ago and I don't believe that they plan to bring it back...sucks!

There will be fireworks at the Surrey Cloverdale's Fairgrounds and Bear Creek Park.

49er

whisper to me.........

canada day = independence day?

when?

purelife

One day, I'll have to go down to the States on ID Day because I heard that they have the MOST fun!  They have fireworks all night long!  How cool is that??!!!  

49er

purelife wrote:
One day, I'll have to go down to the States on ID Day because I heard that they have the MOST fun!  They have fireworks all night long!  How cool is that??!!!  
    Mi casa es tu casa, PL

purelife

Tu casa es en les etat unis?  (ok that last bit was en francais...)  

And that sounds kind of naughty, 49er.  The "mi casa es tu casa" bit.  Hmm, the last time a guy told me that, it went a liitle bit "interesting."    

49er

purelife wrote:
  Tu casa es en les etat unis?  (ok that last bit was en francais...)  

And that sounds kind of naughty, 49er.  The "mi casa es tu casa" bit.  Hmm, the last time a guy told me that, it went a liitle bit "interesting."    
  Of course its in the States.....great July 4th fireworks around the Bay.

and some guys have all the luck

purelife

I'll just have to settle watching the fireworks on television.     Ah well...

BUT...we will have fireworks for 4 nights at the end of July and at the beginning of August.  I'm looking foward to watching it one Saturday night.