The Great Sir Jagadish Chander Bose

Started by Adam_Fulford, Jun 22 06 09:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_Fulford

Sir Jagadish Chander Bose had the rare ability to combine the ancient mystical traditions of India with the rigid scientific methods of the West.  He blazed trails to many brilliant areas of science.  Three cheers for Sir Jagadish Chander Bose!!!  

Adam_Fulford

There will be a Jagadish Chander Bose discussion group meeting at Vancouver's GM Place.  Reserve spaces quickly -- seating is limited.

Adam_Fulford

Jagadish Chander Bose, said:

"In the pursuit of my investigations I was unconsciously led into the border region of physics and physiology. To my amazement, I found boundary lines vanishing, and points of contact emerging, between the realms of the living and the non-living. Inorganic matter was perceived as anything but inert; it was athrill under the action of multitudinous forces.

"A universal reaction seemed to bring metal, plant and animal under a common law. They all exhibited essentially the same phenomena of fatigue and depression, with possibilities of recovery and of exaltation, as well as the permanent irresponsiveness associated with death. "

Adam_Fulford

This GM Place announcement was meant in jest by the way.

Adam_Fulford

I'd be surprised of such a discussion group would attract more than three people in the whole of Vancouver, but you never know.

Adam_Fulford

Or, ahem, Seattle, for that matter.