Got a cliff?

Started by TehBorken, Jun 22 06 06:22

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Got a cliff? If you do, the architects from [a href="http://www.neatorama.com/index.php"]Durbach Block[/a] will design you a home worthy of the view. These shots are from the Holman House in Dover Heights, NSW, Australia. The view from the inside is incredible, to say the least, and the one from the deck ain't so bad either:

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Some Chick

Yum!!

I have a house on the side of a hill, doesn't quite count as a cliff, but when I stand in the solarium off of my bedroom on the third floor, I get vertigo.        

P.C.

Wow !  Architecturally,  I find that place amazingly beautiful.  As a HOME, I find it sterile and without warmth. Although I suppose I could put on a sweater to enjoy THAT view.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
Wow !  Architecturally,  I find that place amazingly beautiful.  As a HOME, I find it sterile and without warmth.

Yeah, it's not exactly cozy is it? The living room (or whatever that is in the middle picture) looks like the lobby of an insurance company.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

The sort of place I'd  perhaps rather look AT than FROM.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Some Chick

I'd totally live in that house.  However, it would look a lot different with the furniture I'd stuff it with.  It's got potential.

Dissident

When do I move in?  
fenec rawks!

kitten

It is very elegant, but when I look at a house on a cliff, I start thinking about erosion and landslides.  As beautiful as it is, I would never consider living there.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Dissident

Don't forget earthquakes.

If it's not hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis or floods, it'll be something else.  So?  Just imagine getting up to that view every morning!  Settling down with a good book by the window during a storm, dining under the stars on that deck.  I'd die happy.

fenec rawks!

Lise

Beautiful.........................on a nice day. The odd days when you get nasty weather..... I can think of lightning strikes and powerful waves beating on your front door.

No hurricanes. Sydney doesn't get them.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Now that is a house to kill for.  But I must admit the view would get old after a while or I'd just sit in the house and stare for ages knowing my add self.  Had a hotel balconey hotel room on the top floor directly overlooking the Gulf of Mexico and I did exactly that, stare for ages. But it is fun to watch the big storms come in.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

some guy

yea nice view. It almost makes up for the fact that the  house is  on a cliff.  what is this guy thinking. What if there was an earthquake a  hurricane or  landslide.

Sportsdude

Well atleast its not like some of those houses I've seen on tv in malibu where they are on the beach and water could if it got high enough go into the house.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Dissident

some guy wrote:
the  house is  on a cliff.  what is this guy thinking. What if there was an earthquake a  hurricane or  landslide.

You sound like my friends when I first went skydiving.  "What happens if your chute doesn't open?" they asked.

What did I say?

How would you like your last moments on earth to go?  Watching helplessly as some idiot careens towards you out of control on the freeway—or enjoying a beautiful view, knowing it's the last thing you'll see?

If I lived in a house like that, I'd go down happy.

fenec rawks!

49er

the interior view would be more pleasing if the glass wall is concave instead of curving inwards...however for architects the money shot for his portfolio is the exterior elevation