Is dv down again

Started by Academe, Jun 20 06 02:02

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

On....and HI tenkani....[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

tenkani

Hiya Sweet P.C.   *hugz*
Yeah, Academe is out of her mind, and Mike is too much of a lame prick to do anything about it.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

P.C.

Hugzz back, tenkani.

Not unlike the blind leading the blind ????  I'm not sure why I want to be unbanned to be quite honest....I guess I just don't like the idea of being banned for no reason, when so much crap remains OK.  It just doesn't make any sense.

On the bright side....my getting banned the first time was what led us to DS.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c015.gif" border=0]That's something good....right ??

tenkani

DS is DEFINITELY something good.
It's really for the best that you avoid DV.
It's a gutter for gutter people, not innocents like you      

P.C.

I really haven't been there for a long while.  It's been about 4 months since I was banned.  I actually don't have the time to wade through the muck and mire there any more.  I barely have time for DS, and I LIKE DS.

Staying out of the gutter sounds like sound advice.  A kitty for you ! [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/tiere/k022.gif" border=0]

Orik

Man i miss a lot of stuff when i work . i outed academe true , but her and i have not spoken since the coffee and accidental outing so i am asuming shes pretty damn miffed with me .  as to whether or not shes still modding at dv i have no idea.   me talk outa school , something i almost never do i can keep secrets you dont see me posting  peoples identies or secret ifdentites all over the place do you ,  i also know who a few of the mods are have i outed them . :) grins mischeviously yah maybee i have  maybee i havent .

blesses purelife for calling me a sweetie.

as for my sticking up for academe honestly i dont know what came over me  but to stand by and watch everyone burn her  really gets my goat,  in person shes a sweet and wondwerfull woman .  in real life im a teddy bear . online im a bit of an ass. shrugs you have your opinions i have mine . this is the way it is .  

yes mike is an ass.  but i think you all agree with that one allready .  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Aboozer

are all the regulars on DS banned from DV? There's someone always saying that they are banned...
I am who I am, love me or hate me...f*ck you if you don't like it.

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

Orik

sorry aboozer i couldnt tell you . i have no idea whats goin on most of the time .  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Visitor from DV

I kind of feel sorry for academe. She is obviously a very damaged person, what with how she feels compelled to respond to threads on about every subject, even stuff she doesn't know anything about and always to include some reference to her being at UBC as some kind of grad student and/or being a sexual health educator. This all shows a real need for external validation. I think that one real academic guy (I think on here!) noted this, saying only an insecure arrogant person would choose a nick like "academe" or "perpetualacademe" in the first place.

That said, my sympathy can only go so far! Before she became latent, the stupid crap she always posted (see above) and her half-understandings of just about everything was so freaking annoying. When she become a lurking mod, her damaged nature obviously really made her lose control.

One thought though: what on earth was Mike thinking when he made her a mod anyway? Pretty much the whole world knew that she was as dumb as an empty dump-truck.

Some Chick

She flew under my radar.  She didn't irritate me or flame me so I had no reason to pay much attention.

What I do remember were her not so subtle campaign efforts to become a mod.  I always believe that if someone wants it, they are the last that should have it.

tenkani

Ugh, I had almost forgotten her courting Mike for modship.
That was embarrassing to watch    

And yeah, you're 100% right, if someone seems desperate to be a mod, they are the last person you should consider. Especially if you don't have an experienced staff who can guide the modling and make sure she doesn't completely screw the pooch    

weird al

They should have to go to modling school. Yeah!

tenkani

Arg!!! That was terrible      

weird al

Yeah I know! 's all I got tho...

Some Chick

I almost made a laugh noise at that little exchange between you two.  Air escaped through my nose at an increased velocity and I was smiling.

|