Three people killed over Muhammad cartoon

Started by God, Feb 15 06 05:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Tor Johnston

Quote from: tenkani on Feb 16 06 12:59Iread somewhere that nearly every member of the human race is fullof disembodied alien ghosts that are responsible for all our stress andinsecurity. Hmmmm...

Oh no....Scientologists!

tenkani

Tor, someone wanted me to deliver a very special message to you...

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Tor Johnston

tenkani

[FONT color=#0000bf]Hiya Tor!! Can I interest you in a [FONT size=5]free stress test??[/FONT][/FONT]

Tor Johnston

Tor likes his stress just the way it is, lol.

Brent

If Muslims aren't allowed to have cartoons/images without anarchy ,their religion sounds as crazy as scientology!      

tenkani

Pretty much all religions have seemingly arbitrary rules pulled out of someone's ass.[/DIV]Don't eat pork.[/DIV]Don't work on Sunday.Wear special underpants to get into heaven. Whatever. In that sense, a prohibition about depicting a religious leader isn't out of place next to the crazy rules of other mainstream religions. So the problem isn't crazy rules IMO, it's the decision that you're going to apply your crazy rules to the entire planet. I respect religions that don't proclaim to be the "one true way". I've never heard of a Zen practitioner burning down a building, blowing up a schoolbus or even shitting into a mailbox in the name of their faith.  

Brent

Good one Tenkani, I spent most of my life not having a god and never bowing to one. I have no idea what's the truth but a jerk is a jerk and yes, organized religions seem to be for control/power mostly unfortunately.

Update

Witch

Thank you for making me your personal project Mr. "Too cowardly to admit who I am".

Your attention to my Karma score indicates that I'm doing something very, very right.

Future Canadian

I think it would be interesting, Witch, if one had perfectly even +/- karma. How's that for representing the Balance in the Universe.[/DIV]I'll add one for you to get you closer.Which gets me thinking about the topic of this thread. There will always be good and evil in life and all degrees in between. Religious fanatics are just filling a role aren't they? If they weren't there someone else would fill their place. So there's not really much we can do but bitch about it on the internet. Is there?
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Legion

Where's all the bad karma coming from, which thread, this one?
curses!

Witch

Quote from: Legion on Feb 17 06 08:32Where's all the bad karma coming from, which thread, this one?
I have a bad habit of making people face their own stupidity. That makes some people angry. Apparently this person believes revenge is in spending an inordinate amount of his personal time pushing the bad karma button on my posts. I can't imagine anyone caring enough about my posts to spend that much time waiting the delay between button pushes, since the forum soft won't let you do it all at once, but this person obviously thinks my posts really matter.

Oh well, I suppose the nice thing to do would be to pretend that I'm all upset about it, just so mr cowardly can feel some sense of accomplishment. "For I have heard a voice as of a woman in travail, and the anguish as of her that bringeth forth her first child, the voice of the daughter of Zion, that bewaileth herself, that spreadeth her hands, saying, Woe is me now! for my soul is wearied because of bad forum karma."

TehBorken

Where's all the bad karma coming from, which thread, this one?

No way to tell...Karma is pretty anonymous. Even I'd have a tough time tracking it or trying to figure out who clicked what. (I don't mean to imply that I'm some sort of computer god or "133t H/\c|<3R d00d", cuz I'm not. What I mean is that I have direct, unrestricted access to the server and raw database tables.....and even with that kind of access it would be really difficult to piece together.)
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Witch

Quote from: Future Canadian on Feb 17 06 08:03Which gets me thinking about the topic of this thread. There will always be good and evil in life and all degrees in between. Religious fanatics are just filling a role aren't they? If they weren't there someone else would fill their place. So there's not really much we can do but bitch about it on the internet. Is there?

Not all religions recognise the concepts of "good" and "evil". In those religions, actions are measured by their effects of the universe and on other people.

Personification of Good and Evil allows one to justify horrible things as being "good" simply because you are doing them to fight "evil".

|