WWE

Started by BigK, Feb 17 06 09:03

Previous topic - Next topic

BigK

Anybody watch the WWE? I really like it, my fav. are Shawn Micheals, Randy Orton, Flair, Batista, and HHH

I really don like how the WWE is still using eddies name

Witch

Professional Wrestling = Ballet for rednecks

Personally I don't watch, I just read the scripts before the show. It's not like it's a real sport with an element of chance or skill in the outcome.

Schadenfreude

[DIV id=core][DIV class=siteHeader][MAP name=map1][AREA id=newsletter shape=RECT alt="" coords=115,0,285,21 href="index.cfm?fa=user.NewsletterRegistration"][AREA id=ad shape=POLY alt=ad coords=284,19,284,99,-1,99,-1,1,130,1,133,16,139,19 href="http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=156"][/MAP][MAP name=map2][AREA id=home shape=RECT alt="" coords=15,9,184,94 href="/"][/MAP][DIV id=core][DIV class=siteHeader][MAP name=map1][AREA id=newsletter shape=RECT alt="" coords=115,0,285,21 href="index.cfm?fa=user.NewsletterRegistration"][AREA id=ad shape=POLY alt=ad coords=284,19,284,99,-1,99,-1,1,130,1,133,16,139,19 href="http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=156"][/MAP][MAP name=map2][AREA id=home shape=RECT alt="" coords=15,9,184,94 href="/"][/MAP][TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: white" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0][TBODY][TR style="HEIGHT: 5px"][TD colSpan=10][/TD][/TR][TR][TD colSpan=10][img height=100 alt="" src="http://www.ufc.com/images/header.gif" width=485 useMap=#map2][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV]

UFC is more for adults.
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

kitten

Wrestling???  I'd rather watch a heated game of Scrabble!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Marik

Obviously, the matches you see on TV are crappy. (with the exception of a select few)[/DIV]But if you watch the pay-per-view, the matches are better.  Go watch the Triangle Ladder Match at Wrestlemania 17 - guaranteed not to disappoint, even if you're not a wrestling fan. [/DIV]Besides, the attitude era (the time when the WWE was in direct competition with WCW and to a lesser extent, ECW) is dead, which makes for crappier matches. And if you like the hardcore wrestling, go watch the no-rope barbed wire three-way-dance I (or II) between Sabu, Terry Funk, and Shane Douglas.I also heard that CZW's Cage of Death V (main event) was VERY good.

Witch

Why not just download the scripts ahead of time. Save yourself time and money on PPV.

Future Canadian

I'd rather watch a heated game of Scrabble!

Me too because I love Scrabble! (how nerdy is that? representing for Scrabble in a Wrestling thread)
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Update

LOL

Witch is at a whopping -19 now!

Just to put that in perspective, that is almost twice as much negative karma as BigK - the self-appointed "King of DS." It appears as though some of the "inner circle" is starting to turn on Witch. There have been many reports of this from anonymous DS posters over at DV as well. It'll be interesting to see how this continues to unfold...will keep you updated.  Also, Bret Hart will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on April 1, 2006.

Witch

With any luck I'll be at -30 by the end of the day. C'mon people, work with me!

kingy

ive watched the odd smackdown and raw every now and again. it can be entertaining at times and boring at time. i dont get those people who say its fake, because movies are fake too. i bet you watch movies.

Schadenfreude

"it can be entertaining at times and boring at time. i dont get those people who say its fake, because movies are fake too."[/DIV] [/DIV][FONT size=4]What is so entertaining about a juiced up, muscle bound, dufus that gets slapped and falls down like he's been shot? These guys belong to the actors union and are the lousiest actors around.[/FONT]If you like the acrobatics watch Cirque du Soleil.If you like fighting watch Ultimate Fighting or mixed martial arts.
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Marik

If you've actually watched the triangle ladder match, (wrestlemania 17) you'll see that the guys took legitimate falls (for example, Jeff Hardy jumped off a 12-15 foot ladder and performed his "finishing move" on the ramp) and as a result, was quite entertaining.