Any Seattle jazz fans here who want to save some money?

Started by Dissident, Jun 16 06 07:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Dissident

I went to a show at Jazz Alley the last time I was down there.  They've just sent me an email with some 1/2-price admissions and free appetizers.  These are only good until the end of August, and I'm not going to be in Seattle any time between now and then.  So, is anyone interested in them?  

Let me know and I'll forward the email to you.

fenec rawks!

kitten

If I wasn't working, I'd jump at the chance.  They have some great jazz in Seattle.  My late husband and I used to go down there so he could jam with some of the locals.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Dissident

Gee, kitten, sorry to hear about you losing your husband.  Did he do gigs outside of Seattle?  Maybe I saw him in SF some time.  
fenec rawks!

kitten

No, he worked at the Marine Club here in Vancouver.  He was sort of a fixture of the place for around ten years.  He passed away in "95.  The club held a beautiful wake for him, which was what he wanted.  And in a socially responsible way, he donated his body to U.B.C.

Dissident

I'm sorry that I never got the opportunity to see him play.  I've been to the Marine Club a couple of times, but only since I moved here four years ago.  It's good that his comrades gave him such a good send-off, and that he had such a generous (and practical) plan for his remains.   Both of my parents arranged to donate their bodies to medical schools, but my mother's remains fell within one of the school's exclusions (ironic for a former med school professor), and with no further instructions from her, ended up being cremated.  I know how disappointed she would have been.

It sounds like you had a super husband who was lucky to have such a good woman at his side, and that he touched a lot of lives.  I see what you mean about there being so many good people in this world.

fenec rawks!

kitten

Lise

Sorry to hear about your hubby, kitten. It's great that he donated his body to UBC. Maybe I'll do something like that but cremation is more of my calling than anything. Who knows... might change my  mind down the road.

It's too bad I won't have the time otherwise I'd jump at your offer too, Ms. D.

If anyone's interested, the Vancouver Jazz Festival is about to take place. Some free events so check it out.

[A href="http://vancouverjazz.com/"]http://vancouverjazz.com/[/A]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.