Like, Stop Saying Like

Started by TehBorken, Jun 16 06 06:50

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[font style="font-weight: bold;" size="5"]Lol!![/font]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

purelife

I think I like like you.      

kitten

That should be posted in every school and college.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Definitely, I find this one of the most over-used and irritating words in current use.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

It's great that I'm not surrounded by people who use the word "like" and "so" in every sentence.  Thank god for that!  I would go absolutely mental.

Gopher

Another word that 'gets' me is awesome. I paid with the correct change a while ago, and the coment came back that it was awesome of me to do so. Minute things seem  inspire awer so often nowadays that, in fact, it's hard to think of anything that's not awe-inspiring.

purelife

Perhaps that person was in a happy-go-lucky state of mind?  

kitten

Cleaning cat litter boxes is definitely NOT awe-inspiring.  Makes me glad my cat goes outdoors.  

Gopher

Now compared to the habits of the two cats where I stayed recently, that really IS awe-inspiring!

kitten

Not really.  I just happen to have a very sensible cat.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

yeah...baby i like it like that...i like it like that....  

I forgot who sings this song...

CK

purelife wrote:
yeah...baby i like it like that...i like it like that....  

I forgot who sings this song...[/DIV]
 Isn't that the song you sang to me one night after a few tequilas??!!

kitten

Shame on you, CK.  You're not supposed to kiss and tell.  *did you get pictures?*

P.C.

rofl, Kitten.

I'm annoyed be the misuse of any word.....(not that I have the best command of the English language) but there a few that get under my skin.  One of them being the constant misuse of the word 'HERO' by the media.  People are often touted as heros when in fact what they have displayed is bravery, courage, their ability to survive extreme circumstances....etc.  It annoys me, only because it creates a watering down affect of things that are truly heroic.

(Yipes....I think this is my third rant today, and it's not even noon) [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c028.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.