Who REALLY enjoys.......

Started by P.C., Jun 15 06 09:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

That's more or less my situation to - I've gone through the lot during my time, including one which still manages to get me into a frenzy every time I think of it, even though I left it over 20 years ago (it was the best paid job I had too, which more or less underlines what's already been written) .  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

I'm happy that you think that way too, Gopher.  I'm on a blessing spree...bless y'all!  

Gopher

Can't return the blessing as I already gave you one five minutes ago.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

tenkani

Debt is the trap society uses to keep people locked into shitty jobs.
I wish I hadn't gone to university, had just stuck to community college and graduated into a humble job without debt.
Money isn't important, unless you don't have any, or you have a ton of debt hanging over your head, then money (lack of it) starts to taint everything you do.
Anyway, my job is great in that I get to surf the Net all day, so I really shouldn't complain.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

"Our patients are mostly.................... yeah................... no hunks. "

That would change if I started coming, I'm a fun time. I talk, crack jokes, make fake noises when they're drilling. Good times.

Well I hate my job, but I'm stuck with it. Got to help the family survive.  Past 2 years kinda have but my life on hold while helping out the family.  Only problem about my job is that I work when most people are sleeping.  But I can't complain I make 21 dollars an hour, granted I only work for 2 hrs, but still.  Wish I was in university thou, its where I belong.  Won't see college thou until I'm 21 so thats another year.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Future Canadian

Shhh...I'm still trying to convince myself that I like my job.
I think that I like my current employer but I grow weary of the career in general (restaraunt).
I finally don't work for a corporate (or wannabe) chain and I deal with an actual human who is pretty cool. But I just put in a 14 hour day (full speed all day with only one 10 minute break) and that's getting a bit  harder to do in this 38 year-old chassis.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others