What was the nicest thing that a stranger has ever done for you?

Started by purelife, Jun 15 06 12:10

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

Hi all,

What was the most nicest thing that a stranger has done for you?

I'll start.

I started this new elemetary school in Feb. entering grade 7 so, I didn't make many new friends right away.  We had a year-end class field-trip to the beach.  I started to walk around on the beach alone.  I left my shoes by the sitting area and figured that if I just walked straight, then, I'd be okay.  Well, I ended up getting lost because I couldn't find my way back.  Apparently, I had walked so far south that I ended up at another beach!  I had been walking for hours trying to find my way back and had no idea that there was another beach connected to the one where we went initially.

I saw this nice couple and told them that I was lost and was sobbing.  They drove me to the beach that they thought that I may have belonged there.  They were so nice and helpful.  They tried their best to comfort me and such.  When I got back, nobody even knew that I was missing for a while.  Oh well.  

Gopher

Jimmy Carter waved to me as I was walking down the Mall in London.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

tenkani

Jimmy Carter is the BOMB.

When I was a toddler I accidentaly let my dog out of the house and he went running down the sidewalk. I chased him and he ditched my slow ass. Soon, I was hopelessly lost and terrified. I stumbled past a Unitarian church, tears streaming from my puffy little eyes and some of them had me sit down on the church steps as they comforted me and made some phone calls. My mom drove by a few minutes later and saw me sitting there, safe among friends.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

When I was little, there was a river near where I lived. I was convinced that I discovered it and I made a flag so that everyone would know it (oh, to be 6!).

I went to go put my flag on the shore and I got lost on my way there! I ended up at a Shell gas station, where the guy who worked there told me that it was okay and gave me a chocolate bar, then called my mum to come and pick me up. I thought that was so nice of him, especially since I wasn't allowed to have any candy and it was the first chocolate bar I ever ate.

Purelife, you have been blessed again!  
If you're bored then you're boring.

kitten

When my purse was stolen, someone gave me enough for a bus ticket home.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

We''re evidently in a halcyon phase at present, everyone seems to like their job and now all these heartwarming stories of the nice things that strangers have done for us...and what's more, blessings are flying all over the place!

purelife

I had to get my mind off a few sad things.  My supervisor's mum is really sick and may be dieing soon.  I'm just feeling really mellow and sad at the moment.  

purelife

TehBorken

purelife wrote:  What was the most nicest thing that a stranger has done for you?

A girl once had wild, uninhibited sex with me, but she wasn't all that strange. lol

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

TehBorken

tenkani wrote:
Jimmy Carter is the BOMB.

When I was a toddler I accidentaly let my dog out of the house and he went running down the sidewalk. I chased him and he ditched my slow ass. Soon, I was hopelessly lost and terrified. I stumbled past a Unitarian church, tears streaming from my puffy little eyes and some of them had me sit down on the church steps as they comforted me and made some phone calls. My mom drove by a few minutes later and saw me sitting there, safe among friends.

Did Carter ever return your dog?
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

TehBorken wrote:
  purelife wrote:   [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]What was the most nicest thing that a stranger has done for you?[/SPAN]

A girl once had wild, uninhibited sex with me, but she wasn't all that strange. lol

Strange? I never thought so for one moment since familiar seems to have been the operative word.

Aw cheer up, purelife! Think of your favorite things!    
If you're bored then you're boring.

Gopher

007 wrote:
 Aw cheer up, purelife! Think of your favorite things!

US!    

kitten

purelife wrote:
 I had to get my mind off a few sad things.  My supervisor's mum is really sick and may be dieing soon.  I'm just feeling really mellow and sad at the moment.  [/DIV]
 I'm so sorry for your sadness.  It's never easy when someone is going and there is no way to help.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

I'm going to be enjoying the grind, so that shall be fun!