Who REALLY enjoys.......

Started by P.C., Jun 15 06 09:27

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

.....their job.

[TABLE style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"] [TBODY] [TR] [TD style="OVERFLOW: hidden" vAlign=top width="16%" rowSpan=2][A title="View the profile of 007" href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=124"]007[/A]  [DIV class=smalltext]Newbie
* src=[/A][/TD] [TD vAlign=center align=left][A href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,1677.msg18714.html#msg18714"]New Topics![/A]  [DIV class=smalltext]« on: June 15, 2006, 12:05:40 AM »[/DIV][/TD] [TD style="FONT-SIZE: smaller" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right height=20][A onclick="if (!currentSwap) doQuote(18714); else window.location.XXXX = this.href; return false;" href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=18714;topic=1677.0;num_replies=11;sesc=dd0afc8db21a00744d1e307ea99d6ce4"]Reply with quote[/A] [/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE] [HR class=hrcolor width="100%" SIZE=1]  [DIV style="OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 100%"] Maybe if everyone who is here started a new thread about something fun then more people would want to post here. I'm pretty sure that it will all still be here for the morning. Sort of like the guest's way to "bless" the board, lol.

This one counts as mine! [/DIV]

This one counts as mine!  (OK....well it isn't exactly 'something fun' ....but it's a new topic)  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/e058.gif[/img]

[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

I don't mind mine. There are good days and there are bad days......................... if I never have to see another root canal again, I'll die a happy woman.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I really enjoy my job for numerous reasons.  I love my company and all the activities we have.  I take part in being in the Events and Sports Committee and that is fun.  I look forward to seeing this mister cutie pie almost every morning in the lunch room and during lunch... sssshhhh..... ;)  I like my benefits, the people, my work, my pay is ok.

Yup, love it overall!  I'm happy.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
.....their job.

I do. I honestly love my job and what I do.

Shit, I never thought I'd hear myself say that, lol.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

purelife wrote:
I really enjoy my job for numerous reasons.  I love my company and all the activities we have.  I take part in being in the Events and Sports Committee and that is fun.  I[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff40"] look forward to seeing this mister cutie pie almost every morning in the lunch room and during lunch... [/FONT]sssshhhh..... ;)  I like my benefits, the people, my work, my pay is ok.

Yup, love it overall!  I'm happy.  

Whoa, Ms. purelife and her roaming eyes. Hehehe. I can remember the one time, these two twin male models walked into our office. Cute as bunnies but a bit paper-thin. Too bad they moved to Toronto for their careers.

Our patients are mostly.................... yeah................... no hunks.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

You're in the best imaginable place to be TehBorken.  I'm thinking that REALLY liking your job would be in the minority.

I'm happy for you.....it takes a conscious effort to land yourself there. (well, I suppose some people fall into it, but not many)  

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
You're in the best imaginable place to be TehBorken.

Thanks. Like you said, it took a conscious effort to land myself here. I was pretty worried about making the changes that had to be made, and there are some tradeoffs (no healthcare being the biggest by far) but overall I'm happy and wouldn't go back.

A regular paycheck is indeed the most addictive thing in the world. It's hard to give that up and "get off the grid" so to speak. But I'm able to see my son off to school every morning and be there for him when he gets back. That alone was worth it to me. I can show up at his school any time I want and be as involved (or not) as I want. Usually the teachers are utterly clueless as to what to do with a father who shows up as opposed to a mother, but I've stretched their minds a bit.

A while back my son's teacher put out a call for "Room Moms" to help out during the day. She got no takers and was getting desperate. I wrote her back and said that if the PTA would pay for my sex change I would consider being a "Room Mom". The next email from her said she was looking for "Parent Helpers" (lol). I never did get that sex change (the PTA was short on funds, I guess) but I still show up and help out as needed.  

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

purelife

A while back my son's teacher put out a call for "Room Moms" to help out during the day. She got no takers and was getting desperate. I wrote her back and said that if the PTA would pay for my sex change I would consider being a "Room Mom". The next email from her said she was looking for "Parent Helpers" (lol). I never did get that sex change (the PTA was short on funds, I guess) but I still show up and help out as needed.  

That's absolutely wonderful, Teh!  You sound like a wonderful father.  I'm happy and I know that your son absolutely appreciates it.  :)  Bless you!

Gopher

Im in love with my job (yes, really) but  of course the pay leaves much to be desired, otherwise it really is superb.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

TehBorken wrote:

I'm able to see my son off to school every morning and be there for him when he gets back. That alone was worth it to me.

Ye are indeed a rich man, TehBorken.  [img title=Bowing alt=Bowing src="http://forum.digital-digest.com/images/smilies/1/bowing.gif" border=0]  

purelife

I wouldn't be working at a place where I disliked coming to work no matter how much more they paid me.  I would be killing my soul.  Money isn't that important over my health.

Gopher

Very true - terrific to know that there are still some people who have this philosophy. Once more the moral is 'Don't sell out'.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Very wise, purelife.  Money makes some areas of your life go a little smoother, but it sure doesn't make you richer, if you have to become miserable in its pursuit.  I'd settle for a pleasant work atmosphere over a raise any day.  

kitten

In a lot of ways I really love my job, or at least I care for the person I work for.  What is needed is more stamina to handle the work.  From an emotional gratification standpoint, I couldn't have better employment.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

I feel very lucky that I am able to say that I love my job and everything about it.  I've worked in a few crappy jobs to really know and appreciate this one.