BBQ Recipes

Started by Lise, Jun 15 06 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Looking for some good easy BBQ recipes. Anyone care to share their secrets with mua?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

TehBorken

Two favorites:

[a href="http://www.royalrecipes.com/recipe_1506.htm"]Southern Skillet BBQ Pork[/a]

[a href="http://www.royalrecipes.com/recipe_2057.htm"]Baked BBQ-Style Ribs[/a]

There's a whole bunch more [a href="http://www.royalrecipes.com/results.php?searchtext=barbe&searchtype=names"]here[/a].

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

Cool. Interesting. Thanks for the link.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

THE BEST ribs I've ever eaten, (after years in the pursuit of the recipe for the perfect rib) is the simplest of all.  

Brush ribs with olive oil.....season.....put on the grill for exactly an hour and a half.  NO PEEKING.  Baste with chosen sauce....flip, baste other side.....flip....DONE.

Perfect texture !!!!  (I'd have to check with hubby re temp.....these are HIS specialty)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

I've never attempted this before but someone told me that you can stick a can of beer inside a whole chicken and BBQ it.  It'll make the chicken very moist and tender.

Whenever I BBQ, I like to marinate my steak in the fridge for at least 3 days.  

Lise

I thought with ribs.... you had to boil them first? Y'know, to make them softer?
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

We've tried every method known to 'rib-kind', and although there are a billion methods, this one meets the 'texture' we have been seeking.  I've crock-potted them (not bad, but more of a 'stewed' texture)....pre-baking, pre-boiling, pre-marinating....tried them all.  These end up tender and tastey.  They are just before that 'fall off the bone' quality....like a perfectly done roast pork.

We were doubtful when reading the recipes' method, but gave it a try anyway.....BINGO !!!!!

Lise

Instead of pork ribs, would it be possible to use beef ribs? As we can't eat pork and reading all these things about ribs - now I crave them......... I wonder if beef ribs are ok to subsitute. Have you tried doing beef ribs, PC?

Speaking of ribs, funny thing.................. a patient came in the other day and had her front central chipped. The result of biting into a rib at a BBQ party.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Yipes!  Doesn't sound like they have perfected the tenderness issue....rofl.

I don't know about beef ribs, Lise.  Have never tried them on the Bar-B.  Good question though.

I like them, but as they're not my fave, I've not bothered to experiment.

Lise

It's no big deal to add composite to the white filling. She needs a veneer down the road though as she's chipped that tooth many times before.

Ah well. I'll try to give the beef ribs a go and see what happens. If it doesn't work out, my dog's going to have a feast.
Bill Cosby.