Global Warming - Real or Bogus?

Started by ??????, Jun 15 06 06:36

Previous topic - Next topic

??????

Is global warming real, or is it just something that's being hyped?  

Lise

It's real. Don't you feel it? The climate's screwed, we're getting natural disasters left and right, the human species is exploding at an alarming rate and if we don't do something, we're heading for the end as we know it.

So....... how u doin'?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

TehBorken

I'm no gynecologist, but a lot of the evidence seems to support the idea of global warming. Whether it's natural or man-made or a combination of both, I couldn't say.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

TehBorken wrote:
I'm no gynecologist, but a lot of the evidence seems to support the idea of global warming. Whether it's natural or man-made or a combination of both, I couldn't say.

*laugh* Sorry, TehBorken but a gynecologist is who you go to when you wanna give birth. No?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Lise wrote:
TehBorken wrote:

*laugh* Sorry, TehBorken but a gynecologist is who you go to when you wanna give birth. No?[/DIV]
 I think he just confused birth with earth
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

Gopher wrote:
 [div style="font-style: italic;"]I think he just confused birth with earth[/div]
It was on purpose, actually, but I hate to say it since it kinda kills the joke.

When I worked at Boeing I had a friend who used to work this into a lot of conversations. His favorite was to pretend to be talking on the phone when one of our really really really uptight female managers was walking by...she'd walk by his cube and he'd be going "Well, Mary, I'm no gynecologist but I'll stop by after work and have a look." You could actually see this woman's spine stiffen as she went by and heard this, but what could she say? That she was eavesdropping on a personal conversation and was offended?   Lol, it was frickin' priceless.  

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Sadly none believers won't realise its happening before its to late.

Example:

Half of Greenland is melting, if it melts completely in the next 10 years Orlando Florida will become a coastal town, Parts of San Fransico will be under water, Vancouver and Richmond will need to build giant leeves to keep the water out and Lower Manhatten will be under water.

BC's trees will be gone because of disease (oh wait that already happening)

Ottawa won't be able to skate on its canal during the winter (oh wait that happend this year already)

Stronger Hurricanes (remember Katrina was only a level 3, the system goes up to 5)

Artic Ocean won't be frozen in the summer. Polar bears will go extinct.

Weird shit is going to start to happen in 10 years but its already starting...
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

TehBorken wrote:
Gopher wrote:
[DIV style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]I think he just confused birth with earth

It was on purpose, actually, but I hate to say it since it kinda kills the joke.

When I worked at Boeing I had a friend who used to work this into a lot of conversations. His favorite was to pretend to be talking on the phone when one of our really really really uptight female managers was walking by...she'd walk by his cube and he'd be going "[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Well, Mary, I'm no gynecologist but I'll stop by after work and have a look.[/SPAN]" You could actually see this woman's spine stiffen as she went by and heard this, but what could she say? That she was eavesdropping on a personal conversation and was offended?   Lol, it was frickin' priceless.

Uhm.... yeah.............. I don't get it. Males and their humor. *eyes rolling* Ah well.

Bill Cosby.

TehBorken

Lise wrote:[em][/em]
Uhm.... yeah.............. I don't get it. Males and their humor. *eyes rolling* Ah well. [img style="font-style: italic;" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Thinking/3.gif[/img]

Lol, well, ya kinda had to be there. I suppose.

Dissident

Lise:  took the words right out of my mouth . . .  
fenec rawks!

weird al

I dunno, I thought it was kinda whimsical. I don't think it's a male-female thing so much as just an attempt piss off an uptight manager who happens to be of the opposite sex. Just turn it around: (Mary speaks into the phone): "Well, John, I'm no proctologist, but I think we can work something out."

Dissident

No . . . it's just a different brand of humour—for a different sense of humour.  Besides, a male supervisor would probably find that kind of comment quite fascinating and stop to ask questions . . .  
fenec rawks!

P.C.

I found it amusing.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.