Tenkani - Question

Started by Lise, Jun 08 06 01:55

Previous topic - Next topic

weird al

Stole it, as is my wont. Can't draw.

tenkani

LOL!
Well in that case nice scavenging skills!!
I can't draw either    :(
Thank Xenu for Photoshop.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

weird al

Actually, I used to draw welfare, back when I was a booze artist.

tenkani

ROFL!
Booze artist.
Let me guess, you used to draw paintings in the snow with used booze??

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

weird al

Absolutamente! "Used to" is inaccurate. I still dabble.

greycat

why would you kill a plum tree? what did it ever do to you?  :'(
It is what it is.

Lise

greycat wrote:
why would you kill a plum tree? what did it ever do to you?  :'(

It's growing outta control which is why I need to get rid of them. (I have two) If I don't, they'll overtake the yard and I haven't the time nor energy to trim them all the time.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

49er

cut down and dig out root ball.  If you just want to kill the tree and leave the dead tree in the yard...remove the bark around the tree at the base of the trunk (about 12" length)....of cause you will be torturing the poor tree

Lise

Hmm.... thanks for the advise there, 49er. I'll just follow your advice and cut down the tree then slowly remove the roots. No point in removing the bark - torture ain't my style unless it's asked.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Lise wrote:
 How does one..... kill a plum tree or yanked it out of its miserable existence? [/DIV]
 [FONT color=#0000bf]Right, here we go. There are two things you could do:[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf][/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]1) Saw down the tree to a height of about 5ft (or to where the first branch has formed - whichever you choose), buy a piece of roll trellis and tie it round the,  train honeysuckles up the stump. Leave the honeysuckles to achieve a state resembling wildness - and the following year you should find that birds are nesting in it. Remove any new growth from the stump as it appears.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]2) Saw down the tree as close as possible to the soil (don't bother digging out the roots, this is arduous and takes too long). Paint creosote onto the top of the stump - this will prevent futher growing. Round the  remnant stump (or in close proximity to it) grow some  ground hugging  creepers, such as nasturtiums. On the other hand when the creaosote has taken effect you could cover the stump with soil and create a 'mound' for thiongs to grow on.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]If you feel in the mood to test your green credentials (as well as your dignity), informed sources tell me that instead of using creosote urine will do equally as well: just apply daily for a period of two weeks. I haven't tried this![/FONT]
A fool's paradise is better than none.

49er

lol

urine - urea - fertilizer - larger plum tree

Lise

[FONT color=#0000bf]2) Saw down the tree as close as possible to the soil (don't bother digging out the roots, this is arduous and takes too long). Paint creosote onto the top of the stump - this will prevent futher growing. Round the  remnant stump (or in close proximity to it) grow some  ground hugging  creepers, such as nasturtiums. On the other hand when the creaosote has taken effect you could cover the stump with soil and create a 'mound' for thiongs to grow on.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#000000]Hi Gopher,[/FONT]

Many thanks for the info. I think option (2) looks good to me so I'll try this one. I don't think I will try the ground hugging creepers as I'm not able to get on my  hands and knees at this point. But I'm thinking about putting two great barrels on top of the stumps once I'm sure the roots are good and dead.

Anyways, thanks again!

As for the urea treatment....... egad.... my neighbors will have a field trip should they see us watering the plants with our golden shower.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

Hi, Lise!  Do you plan to sell tickets?  Hell, I'll pay to see that!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

49er wrote:
 lol

urine - urea - fertilizer - larger plum tree [/DIV]
 [FONT color=#ff0000]Try this link, it indicates otherwise:[/FONT]

[FONT color=#ff0000][/FONT]

[FONT color=#ff0000][A href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1722995,00.html"]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1722995,00.html[/A][/FONT]    
A fool's paradise is better than none.

49er

[FONT color=#ff0000][/FONT]

[FONT color=#ff0000][A href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1722995,00.html"]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1722995,00.html[/A][/FONT]

ROFLMAO

......had decided to urinate on his neighbour's compost heap, the outcome could have been so different; for many keen gardeners, urine is the secret ingredient for the perfect planting soil. The gesture may have been seen as a sign of friendship and an end to a boundary dispute that has lasted for eight years. Urinating regularly, however, on a tree trunk or bark for almost a year creates too much salt, blocking conducting vessels and preventing water from keeping leaves green.

WOW!  I could almost smell the place now    

|