Are current DV mods fostering ill will?

Started by Moolah!, Jun 06 06 08:04

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Mike

)(@#!*%&!)#% i just posted 1000 words, hit submit and it went to a white page with a wierd banner at the top. #!(*%&!()&*%#*)&([A href="mailto:!@%"]!@%[/A])&*(@!

Mike

Ok well posting seems to work again so I'm going to summarize my thoughts.  I'm not going to write another novel as that just wasted 25 minutes of my day when the submit failed :|

Thanks for your feedback.  We're reviewing the rules with the mods.  Registration is coming soon.  We do care.

Threads should not be deleted just because they are questioning mods.

To draw attention to a thread please don't feeze up people's computers, just post a thread saying "delete this thread" with a link and reason.

Cheers!
mike

Baloney!

"Thanks for your feedback.  We're reviewing the rules with the mods."

Lol, yeah right. Suuuuuuuuuuuure you are. We believe ya. No, really, we do. Honest!

"Registration is coming soon.  We do care."

In other words, "we've lost control and have no idea what we're doing, so we're going to follow the lead of DS and (GASP!) make people register."

"We do care."

Lol, yes, it's way obvious how much you care. *cough*

"Threads should not be deleted just because they are questioning mods."

But we'll let them do it anyway, just for the hell of it. Ha ha!

"To draw attention to a thread please don't feeze up people's computers, just post a thread saying "delete this thread" with a link and reason."

In other words, "We can't prevent you from hosing the forum at will, so please don't hurt us!"

dv'er

LOL at Mike's pathetic attempt to post at DS!  DS doesn't like to read 1000 word essays.  

Some Chick

Personally, I appreciate Mike's effort to go out of his own area to at least say something.

TehBorken

dv'er wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]LOL at Mike's pathetic attempt to post at DS!  DS doesn't like to read 1000 word essays.[/div]
 He's more than welcome to post here. If it helps get this stuff straightened out, I'm all for it.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Chicklet

I am Jacks complete shock and awe.

Wow.  Who would have thought Mike would come out and spew to the masses?  I'm not too sure what all that meant for DV but hey, gotta give the guys some props for showing up.  I will say though, if I hear one more time that "registration is coming", I am going to vomit.  It will never happen.  I've been hearing that one for over a year.  God knows how long they've actually been promising it.

I guess I am glad that our words are actually being heard.  Too bad we had to yell to be noticed.
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

purelife

TehBorken wrote:
dv'er wrote:
 [DIV style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]LOL at Mike's pathetic attempt to post at DS!  DS doesn't like to read 1000 word essays.

He's more than welcome to post here. If it helps get this stuff straightened out, I'm all for it.

Hi Teh Borken.  That "dv'er" was me.  (but you probably knew that already, huh?)   I was just joking about that last sentence.  I guess that I have lost a lot of patience when it comes to this Mike guy and the admins.  I think that I have a bad attitude but, whatever.

purelife

And it is more of a "too bad" when two mods quit for Mike to finally listen and do something.

Some Chick

Mike wrote:
To draw attention to a thread please don't feeze up people's computers, just post a thread saying "delete this thread" with a link and reason.

Cheers!
mike
[/DIV]
 I'd like to point out, Mike, that the threads I'm talking about had all the hate in the subject line.  It didn't take much thought on a Mod's part to figure out they were trolls.  Including those by stupidstar "academe is a slut".  You need us to actually flag those for your mods?

C'mon.  They needed to be broken if they were still up.  The mod actually WENT IN to those threads, deleted my photos, and left the freakin' thread!!!

Case in point.  My giant picture is gone, but the thread remains.

[A href="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=89213"]Explain this.[/A] And then tell me who should be banned.  I can't believe you kept that rabid f*cking chipmunk on crack and let intelligent people leave.

Edit in:

For the record, the photos I posted were just landmarks and scenic shots.  Nothing bad.          

kits

funny thing to me is that some people actually think that Mike gives a rats ass about the complaints...
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Some Chick

He took the time to post.

He might not give the whole rat's ass, but he probably gives a left cheek.

purelife

True, he did take time to post.  But, he would only post when there is an attack on his baby DV.  And as usual, how ingenuine.  Yes, I'm being harsh but I'm fed up.

Moolah!

For beginners, I also appreciate the fact that Mike (if that's the real Mike?) read our comments and posted a brief response.

I wish I could've read the longer message though. (I'm surprised DS choke up on him. Last I checked Borken had increased the word limit to a fairly high number.)

Well Mike I hope you do take some of our comments into consideration and that they are helpful in your decision process regarding where you want to take DV in the near future.

Here's a brief summary of what I'd like to see on DV:

Currently one of the biggest problems I see in that place is ATTITUDE: Remind whomever is modding that place that their "Godlike" status can be taken away any minute and that they can be just like us mortals the next morning.

So they should drop the arrogance.

Also, as mentioned before I noticed many people are really resenting "lurker mod(s)"

If necessary, teach them some fk'ing courtesy: So they'll come out and introduce themselves like civilized human beings.

They should mention their regular usernames on DV.

Indiscriminate thread deletions (which is a form of powertripping) should stop immediately!

Mike, you've got to inject these dipshits some sense of ACCOUNTABILITY for their actions for f*ck's sakes!

Currently they're not accountable AT ALL. So they bully, threaten, do whatever the hell they want, because no one is watching over them.

One last point: Tell the admins to get rid of (or at least "lighten up") their ban list. It's not working. Because they've ended up banning a whole bunch of innocent people, so much so that today I saw a thread on DV where someone was complaining "Why isn't anyone posting here any more?"

Because of nickname bans and wide range IP bans, regular people can't post there any more.

So you're left with mostly techies or trolls, both of whom know how to use proxies and not many more folks, save a few noobs.

Is this what you want out of DV? [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_shy.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

purelife

Excellent post Raging Poodle!  Agree with you 100%

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]They should mention their regular usernames on DV.[/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"][/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]Indiscriminate thread deletions (which is a form of powertripping) should stop immediately! [/FONT]

[FONT size=5]YES! YES! AND YES![/FONT][/DIV]

|