Vancouver vs. Seattle: Which is better?

Started by Cowpoke, Feb 16 06 09:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowpoke

Things here are far too peaceful.

[FONT size=7]π[/FONT]

Helen

Vancouver, BC or Vancouver, WA?  

I find Vancouver, BC to be more quiet whereas Seattle has more characteristics of a "big city".

Future Canadian

Things here are far too peaceful.

Deal with it.

Vancouver because it's in Canada, it's beautiful, and it has the New Amsterdam Cafe .Seattle is nice and all, but it is so spread out and parts of it are so isolated from one another. It's a beautiful area, but not the best place to put a major city.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Myself

Seattle is better, as far as Canada goes, you need to be there to see what's going on, certain "subtleties" will become redily apparent after the initial enthusiasm wears off.

former s.consumer

vancouver by far.

local skiing on three mountains and whistler is near[/DIV]downtown van is safer and there is more to see and do in walking distance.[/DIV]more greenspace in vancannabis friendly culturewilderness is closer in vanbetter food selection in van  

Future Canadian

downtown van is safer and there is more to see and do in walking distance.

Cheers to that, Seattle is no fun without a car.

cannabis friendly culture Gets a karma point  
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

um, okay

[em]downtown van is safer

?? have you been in the lower east side after dark????
[/em]

P.C.

My guess is, that people from Seattle that slam Vancouver, have probably only LIVED in Seattle.....the same as the people who live in Van and slam Seattle, have probably never lived THERE.

So lets narrow it down......Only those who have lived in both, have the right to pass judgement.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I'll live in both just ask the question again in about 15 years.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Myself

I lived in both, Vancouver 15 years, Seattle 2 now Bellingham for 6 years.  Stay in the USA, my advice!

Lise

Seattle is too hilly though the ppl are terrific. My vote goes to Vancouver, of course.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

TehBorken

Only those who have lived in [strong style="font-style: italic;"]both[/b], have the right to pass judgement.

I've probably flown over Vancouver at least 100 times...does that count?
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

LOL TehBorken.....yes, I believe it does.  

Seattle Vancouver

kitten

That proves it!!  You can see the difference right away.[img onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/3.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/3.gif" align=absMiddle]  See how much prettier the blue is in Vancouver.  And our clouds look a lot thicker.  The choice is clear!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Yes, kitten, this is true.  And you can see clearly how much bigger Vancouver is. Without a doubt, the proof is in the pictures. This is good solid research.  I mean you have to have facts to back up a debate of this nature.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/e058.gif" border=0]

ps  (I have no idea where those pictures were taken)    [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a143.gif" border=0]