Wonder why gas costs so much? Here's one reason...

Started by Cool, Feb 16 06 08:08

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten

Things are different now.  Instead of fighting over Canada's resources, the Americans simply buy every place that has any potential.  If this keeps up, we'll be singing the American anthem in no time.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

TehBorken

In American schools they don't teach kids about the time the Canadians marched to Washington D.C. and burned it to the ground. It's as if it never happened, you can't find mention of it anywhere...at least not in American textbooks.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

They say history only records the winners.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

tenkani

Orwell states that those who control the present control the past, and those who control the past control the future. Authoritarianism thrives in an environment of ignorance.

Americans have been removed from any genuine, meaningful sense of history for so long that most of us wouldn't recognize truth if it bit us on the hamstring. The parroting of propaganda and cold facts leeched of all meaning has taken the place of history. We see no point in independantly investigating truth. Why bother, when we can just sit down in front of the tube and have talking heads feed us the proper approved summary of world events. This is why you have a majority of Americans who believe that the United States saved the free world in WWII, that we were fighting to protect a democracy in Vietnam and that Sadaam Hussein helped to organize the 9/11 attacks.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

Its always been that way. If you win the war you get to name it sort of thing.  Americans in general are the most boastful people on the planet. You go up to somebody and they will say they won world war 2 when they the americans didn't want to enter it until they had and they didn't win it the ALLIED FORCES did.  World 1 never ended infact World War II is just a continuation of WWI but there too the u.s will take credit for things they didn't do.  The history show's us if the US enters a war first or cause it they usually loose. Korean-Stalemate, Vietnam-lost, war of 1812 lost (although the u.s. textbooks won't tell you that.).
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."