The Basis For Forum Anonymity

Started by Adam_Fulford, May 29 06 01:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_Fulford

The main reasons anybody would be compelled to be anonymous are 1)It allows them to say things they would be too cowardly to say with their real names.  2) Moderators are mysteriously reluctant too delete abusive posts 3) They are maladjusted, frustrated, approval-seeking Judas-type stalkers such as Academe, stooping to any level to gain acceptance.   GLAD TO SEE most of the abuse DV posts against me were apparently deleted.  Delete Academe's groupie-type posts about me, and that would just about make things even.

Thank You, though it's a day late and a dollar short.

Chicklet

Hey Adam.  Are we still stuck on this?  What's going on dude?
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

curses

academe

Adam_Fulford wrote:
The main reasons anybody would be compelled to be anonymous are 1)It allows them to say things they would be too cowardly to say with their real names.  2) Moderators are mysteriously reluctant too delete abusive posts 3) They are [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff80"]maladjusted, frustrated, approval-seeking Judas-type stalkers such as Academe[/FONT], stooping to any level to gain acceptance.   GLAD TO SEE most of the abuse DV posts against me were apparently deleted. [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff80"] Delete Academe's groupie-type posts about me[/FONT], and that would just about make things even.

Thank You, though it's a day late and a dollar short. [/DIV]
 awwww...fulfypoo...you still remember me...how sweet!  nice to see you still post using your "real name"....lessons never learned hey?  

Aboozer

DS looks kind of boring. First time I posted here.

anyway bye

purelife

GLAD TO SEE most of the abuse DV posts against me were apparently deleted.

Geesh Adam.  How convenient of you to forgot that it was I who deleted your posts as requested.  :P

curses

adam doesn't care. he hates us.  

Dissident

I appreciate having some measure of anonymity on DS and DV, as both Seattle and Vancouver are small towns, and I am not interested in getting abusive phone calls, letters or emails from people.  I've dealt with anonymous harrassment on the job here in Vancouver, and had a problem with a stalker in another community, so I'm not about to put my personal safety and peace of mind on the line just to have the freedom to express my opinion once in a while.

However, I am in full agreement with the downsides of registration-free anonymity as evidenced on DV.  Never mind the rampant misogyny and racism throughout the forum, but the venomous abusiveness of some of the regular posters truly sickens me.   I find the poster referenced above, and some of her male counterparts who "follow around" and target individual posters singularly repulsive.  They seriously need to get lives.

Speaking of which, I'm returning to mine.  
fenec rawks!

curses

i only target people who hate.  

Adam_Fulford

Thank you, Purelife, for deleting that "xi wang ni zi sha" wish.  I do acknowledge it.  Somehow Ted Nugent's fleas hopped on to DV.

Chicklet, I'm fine, really. It was an annoying speck of dust getting into my nose and making me sneeze; not an albatross dragging me into the dark depths of the stormy sea

Dissident, I hear you.  I am just grateful that some people such as Ray McGovern,  Bev Harris, and Debra Bowen (America's future president, I believe, with 10 times the backbone of corporation-kowtowing Hillary) are willing to bravely represent what is right in their own names, rather than what is fashionable.

[A href="http://www.blackboxvoting.org"]www.blackboxvoting.org[/A]

[A href="http://www.thankyouraymcgovern.org"]www.thankyouraymcgovern.org[/A]

[FONT color=#008000 size=2][A href="http://www.debrabowen.com"]www.debrabowen.com[/A] [/FONT][/DIV]

[A href="http://www.bradblog.com"]www.bradblog.com[/A]

[A href="http://www.downwithtyranny.com"]www.downwithtyranny.com[/A]

curses

lol. you should see how much one can find out about someone by googling.  

weird al

Adam_Fulford wrote:
     "Thank You, though it's a day late and a dollar short." [/DIV]
  Talk about a handful of gimme and a mouthful of much obliged. Except that you're no more than middlingly obliged, are you Fulford? One of the benefits of posting anonymously on the net is that when, sooner or later, someone drags your name into the mud, you don't have to bleat and whine to the moderators to clean it all  up for you, over and over again, ad nauseam. And not having to whine to the moderators saves you the task of squeezing out a parsimonious and grudgeful thanks such as the one you've most recently extruded.

I suppose by posting under your real name, you hope to draw attention to your commercial ventures, screenplays and whatnot. In fact I think you've pointed that out before. So it's  about more than courage alone actually, isn't it? And you have succeeded in drawing attention to yourself and to your business. I think by now you've noticed that there's a flip side to the coin.

Fulford, you're a crybaby and a bore. Grow up and/or put a sock in it. Thanks.

Chicklet

At this point I really can't understand why Adam wants any sympathy or help in deleting the offending threads?  He is doing this to himself and it's time piss or get off the pot.  Change your handle or just live with the consequences of using your real name.  I tried to help you out buddy but this is just ridiculous.  You are relying on others to fix the messes you yourself get into.  I just don't get it.  It can't be that good for business.
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

curses

he isn't the brightest bulb in the pack. that's for sure.

lol. by googling his name for 10 minutes i found out his side business, address and phone number.  

Chicklet

Yep.  He got into a world of trouble just by making one silly mistake.  Even someone who doesn't know that much about the web knows not to use you real name on forums such as these.  There are, unfortunately, too many wierdos out there that prey on the weak.  Yes Adam, I am calling you weak.