Ballet VS Beauty Pageants

Started by anitabeautyqueen, May 27 06 08:20

Previous topic - Next topic

What's better: Ballet or Beauty Pageants?

Ballet
3 (100%)
Beauty Pageants
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

anitabeautyqueen

What's better: Ballet or Beauty Pageants?

P.C.

Ballet involves commitment, determination, talent, skill, grace, ambition, work, style, dedication, an understanding of art, history, focus, physical control and endless training, REAL beauty.........well, you get my point.

Beauty pageants involve......appealing to a panel of 3.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

anitabeautyqueen

Hey! I'm in beauty pageants!

P.C.

Trollio

P.C., I'm just going to pop in here for a second and let you know that you are playing with the tip of an iceberg in this thread. No good can come of it.

"Anita" is most likely about to drop the bomb at any moment now. And TehBorken seems to be enjoying his Memorial Day holiday.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

P.C.

Merely one persons opinion........I guess my point is, there is too much emphasis on beauty, and not enough on substance.  Beauty fades, substance is forever.  (of course beauty AND substance is a good thing, and not rare these days it seems....just don't set your lifes goals based on nothing but beauty....when it's gone, there's so little left).  It's a given that we will age...and there is a never-ending source of youth and beauty that you can only 'compete' with for a relatively short period.  Best to fill your life to the brim with things that make you feel happy and full.      

P.C.

Thanks for the 'heads up' Trollio.  I'm slower than many.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a194.gif" border=0]

Trollio

Oh my... what I meant was that "Anita" is a rather infamous troll on DV who is going somewhere with this question of underwear, ballet, etc that you likely do not want to go. Not standard DS material. I would help protect the flock, but I have no powers here. Your thoughtful responses are not really what "Anita" has in mind.

Lise and some others know what the deal is with this person. In my other sick and depraved life on DV, I find him/her amusing; but it is not for DS.

— bebu

P.C.

Well, I'm slower than many, but I'm not the slowest of them all.  I caught that there was a badly baited hook.....but I thank you once again.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c025.gif" border=0]

Trollio

— bebu

P.C.

You're pretty cool Trollio....and I send a 'toast' back to you.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a056.GIF" border=0]

So what's the scoop....is DV still down ???

Lise

I think we all know what anita is but hell, we're bored to death................ need more trolls..........
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Moolah!

Anita, do you have any shots from any pageants you've participated?  [img class=buttons onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF'; this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " title="Insert emoticons" style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="FormatText('editor', 'smile', '')" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border='1px solid #EFEBEF';" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/buttons/insertsmile.gif" align=absMiddle border=0]

Lise

Hear! Hear! More pictures please. And you know.... we won't judge you too much.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.