Civil liberties fear as US terror suspect list rises to 325,000

Started by TehBorken, Feb 15 06 09:33

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]Pretty soon we'll all be on the list. Wheeeeeeeeee.......I mean, come on-  325, 000 "suspects"? Are we really to believe there are that many people in the US who are considered some sort of "terror threat"? [/span]
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Civil liberties fear as US terror suspect list rises to 325,000

Julian Borger in Washington
Thursday February 16, 2006
The Guardian

Civil liberties organisations expressed outrage yesterday after it was reported that the database of terrorist suspects kept by the US authorities now holds 325,000 names, a fourfold increase in two and a half years.

The list, maintained by the National Counterterrorism Centre (NCTC), includes different spellings of the same person's names as well as aliases, but the Washington Post quoted NCTC officials as saying that at least 200,000 individuals are on it. They said that "only a very, very small fraction" of that number were US citizens, but that insistence did little to defuse the reaction.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Future Canadian

They said that "only a very, very small fraction" of that number were US citizens Oh yeah guys, we trust you to tell the truth. These jackasses are spying on Quaker gatherings, ferchrissakes. I wouldn't be suprised if I was on it - probably just takes a few letters to the editor and/or being seen at an anti-war rally.[/DIV]The Christo-fascist theocracy is coming...
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Future Canadian

Oh, and if there are 325,000 potential terrorists out there, this country would be in chaos.[/DIV]I'm not buying it!
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

I bet I'm one of the 325,000. I said some crazy stuff on the internet, wrote a threatening letter to a congressman and have condemned US actions. But hey I seen worse people on the net and in public.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

[div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;"][img]http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/image.php?u=190810&dateline=1125883936" alt="" border="0" height="65" width="65"]

Teh Terrorist!!!!
[/div]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

I'm not joking about the congressman thing either. I was kinda joking and kinda not when I wrote him a letter. Wanted to see what kind of response I would get. (Ended up getting scolded by pop's).  Well all the malicus things I said what do I get back? A form letter. A FORM LETTER! I made fun of him, his kids, and called him a giant fool. AND ALL I GET IS A FORM LETTER!  Well, I did hold back actually cause I used to throw his paper so technically I could have said "i know where you live" and I guarentee you some unmarked car would be parked out front the next day.  He's one of these right wing kook's who is only rich because his 'family farm' was next to a hospital that wanted to expand so he sold his land to the hospital and sold the rest to make a neighbourhood of mansions.  Its funny going down that street. You'll pass million plus homes and then you will get to this shack that happens to be the home to a congressman.  His name is Todd Akin if anybody wanted to know.

[A href="http://www.house.gov/akin/"]http://www.house.gov/akin/[/A]

Has done nothing except use his kids to testify in the missouri senate about banning stem cell research. He's a worthless congressman and worthless human being. I tried to get my dad to run against him but he didn't want to although my dad would whip this guy to shreds because my dad actually cares about the district and doesn't live in a cave. [img height=432 alt="" src="http://www.house.gov/akin/NewFiles/todd-pillars-3.jpg" width=426 border=0] Giant Guber.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."