Dragons and beyond

Started by Lise, May 23 06 01:06

Previous topic - Next topic
|

tenkani

You know, I realize I have nothing to feel bad about, but for some reason I feel like apologizing.
If it makes you feel any better, I live in the city and have a very short driveway with a car port.

Dreams are weird. Sometimes they mean nothing at all, other times it's your subconscious trying to make itself heard.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Chicklet

'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

tenkani

I think few people are in person who they seem online.

It's nothing sinister, necessarily, just the way the world works.

When I hear someone say that they are exactly the same online and off it makes me wonder about them. Sometimes it takes someone outside of yourself to judge such things objectively.

purelife

but for some reason I feel like apologizing.

For some odd reason, I feel very emotional... hard to explain.  Thanks for listening, tenk.

tenkani

I don't mind listening to you, purelife.
Never hesitate to PM/email/post at me when you feel like chatting.
You're one of my oldest online friends.

Chicklet

Hey purelife, do you have vivid dreams like that often?  Just asking, you don't have to answer.
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

purelife

I have been having very vivid and disturbing dreams of being chased, killed, and such.  It was been very strange and I don't feel like sleeping because these dreams are disturbing.  Many times, I wake up and remember it for a moment and then forget it.  

Chicklet

How long as this been going on?

tenkani

Ach!
That is terrible, PL.
Sorry for making light of your dream earlier.
I know how disturbing vivid dreams can be and I wish you well.

weird al

I don't mean to play at being Edgar Cayce here, in fact I don't think  I'm about to say anything particularly profound even, but this type of recurring dream kinda strikes me as a perception on your part of some underlying vulnerability like a neglected health issue maybe, or a new relationship entered into by a relative that leaves you mildly uneasy, etc. I don't think dreams are premonitions so much as signposts, indicating some overlooked detail or the like. So, like it might be time to do a scan, as it were, re home security, health, the status of people close to you etc. I hope this doesn't sound like Ann Landers. But I do think dreams are quite significant, especially the recurring ones. And not because I think they're messages from another dimension or the like (although who knows?), but more like a persistent (even nagging) reminder to take stock.  

purelife

Hi Chicklet.  I've been having these dreams for a few days now.  The worst dream that I had recently was of a child jumping off the bridge and nobody could do anything about it.  The water was filthy dirty, almost mud green.  The brige was high up.  There was no protection and he just walked to the edge.  I woke up and replayed the dream so that I could feel better.  (ie, me saving him)  

I know that in my current life, I have issues that I can't seem to resolve or feel hopeless about and so, have procrastinated.  I strongly feel weak at times when I don't know what to do and nobody could really help me.  Ah well.  I am guessing that these recurring dreams with similiar themes are telling me to act or do something now.  

I've been studying dreams before, reading books and finding out how our dreams have unique meanings depending on the person.  There was one particular book that believed that dreams are stories.  For example, I take a dream that I had, and think about what story this dream reminds me of.  The first story (either from my life or somewhere else) that comes to mind is probably what this dream is relating to.  I don't remember the content too well but it was interesting.

Thanks for listening guys.

Sportsdude

I get those too. Most of me being tortured in some way. A week ago my mom woke me up because I was screaming "NO NO NO STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!"  I usually get some sort of night sweat where in the middle of the night I'll wake up and just stare at the fan above my bed.  I think it causes most of my sleeping problems.  A lot of it is of impending doom.  I don't know where its coming from but I know whats its about.  Just look at my thread topics and I think you'll get the idea but it goes further then that.  Its mostly a mix of news events, seeing whats going to happen in the future and my on emptiness in life.  Its one freaky cocktail.  I hate those demons been having them for about 10 years but I've gotten used to them.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

oh dear SD.  I totally understand.  Dreams just seems to find a way to disturb some.  Sometimes, I think that we have to play a guessing game, to figure out what it is that these dreams are telling us to do.  And then, change that and see if the dreams change.  I'm not sure, just analyzing here.

*hugs...I feel for you...*  

Sportsdude

People dream in black and white and some dream in colour. I dream in colour. I've died in a lot of dreams. It felt like ansthesia before a surgery. Everything goes numb and I start to fade...

Those were when I was a kid. I drowned, got hit by a car, was shot multiple times, I man broke in shot me in the head and so on.

But as I got older they eventually became quasi visions.  First one I can remember and this was oh god atleast 5 years ago;  The world was a war and I'm in the air force over believe it or not the middle east and we had orders to kill this terrorist leader by bombing him well the leader was in jerusalem hiding in the Al-Aqsa Mosque which is where the jewish temple used to be. Blowing it up would mean the end of the war but it would also mean the state of isreal which was run by hard liners at the time would rebuild there temple. (long story its in the bible). Anyways I did it caused about a couple of billion people to get angry at me and not the state I was fighting for (I was forced the war was so long they drafted everyone) I had to ditch my plane and went into hiding, I ended up dying in a cave somewhere.

That was the first real dream that scared me. I still remember that vividly and that was 5 years ago.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

That's an interesting dream, SD.  I wonder what it could be telling you?  

P.S.  I saw you checking out "Who's Online" and I just chuckled.  hee hee....    

|