The 'Good Morning' and such Thread

Started by Chicklet, May 23 06 09:41

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Hello to all....Chicklet, tenkani, Kitten..........

The yard you spoke of sounds amazing tenkani.....I imagine it to be such a peaceful sanctuary.  I don't really need to do much to have many sorts of animals here.  We've had bears pressing their nose on the glass in the door......a cougar passed through once.....raccoons galore....deer, owls, eagles overhead, multitudes of bunnies and a boodle of other creatures.  I love it, but wouldn't be disappointed to have the cougars only pass through when I'm NOT out weeding....lol.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I can derive fun from the strangest things.  But the poor man got punished, so I wonder what he did to deserve it.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

lol, Kitten.....perhaps he was a DV troll, and your niceness just bowled him over.

kitten

What a lovely thought!  Care to point out some more trolls that need treatment?  I've found a new mission in life.

P.C.

I'm wondering if anybody elses DS is as painfully slow as mine.    

Gopher

Mine's pretty slow today too.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

What I'd really like to do, if I had the time, money and space, is to create a certified backyard wildlife habitat. I knew someone who did that and her yard was amazing. Everything was carefully planned out to offer food, water and shelter to all manner of creature.

My right wing anti environment uncle did that.  He has 130 acres behind his house plus government land behind it.  After the farm sold all the cattle off in the eighties he just let the backyard grow wild.  And now that he's got an 60 to 80 acre pond thats filled with catfish, blue gill and bass plus the run off area has become swampy so turtles (snapping stay away you will loose a finger) and bugs roam free.  Plus a lot of deer roam the place.  Its funny because they hate the tree huggers yet they turned there backyard into an oasis.    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Was it pure laziness that made the paradise?  It doesn't seem as though it could have been planned.

Sportsdude

Well here was my uncles response: The cattle kept the trees down by eating the grass once the cattle were gone the trees came back. Its natural habitat was a forest I've got pics I'll up load them and I'm going down there this weekend I'll take the before and after photos they have on there wall.  

kitten

Nice idea, Sportsdude.  I look forward to them.

tenkani

Ha! Too funny.
It's also funny that you have a conservative uncle.
Are you two able to discuss things or does it degenerate into ugliness?

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

Here's one of them I took on a ride up into the hills its on my cell so sorry for the resolution:

[A href="http://www.tinypic.com/view/?pic=10ome6g"][img alt="Image hosting by TinyPic" src="http://tinypic.com/10ome6f.jpg" border=0][/A]

As you can see its on a bluff looking out is the farm land on the flood plain.  The white building you see on the farm land is the farm the house you see in between the hills is my cousin and uncle's house.  

kitten

I'd like to see more of the flood plain.

Sportsdude

Are you two able to discuss things or does it degenerate into ugliness?

NOPE. NO TENKANI ITS THERE WAY OR THE HIGHWAY!!

I was taught from day one to just be quiet and sit there and have to listen to it and not interject.  I have before and things turned ugly, real ugly.

Sportsdude

Oh I got a one of those I was driving on the levee road and took a picture of a barge and and its tug boat going by.  If the mississippi is down I might venture on to the beach and take a few.  I wish my digital camera was working but it needs a new battery.

|