Wonder Woman has been casted!

Started by Sportsdude, Jun 23 06 04:28

Previous topic - Next topic

49er

Adam_Fulford wrote:
When I was working with actors in China, I was amazed at their versatility.  They could all sing (a talent that I am severely lacking in) and dance, and a number of them were well-versed in Kung Fu, as well as act.       because most actors/actresses in China, if not all,  are selected very young for the academy which includes singing, dance and kungfu in the curriculum, and are trained for the profession

Adam_Fulford

49er wrote:

because most actors/actresses in China, if not all,  are selected very young for the academy which includes singing, dance and kungfu in the curriculum, and are trained for the profession

Well, they do lots of singing and dancing in schools, and it becomes obvious pretty quickly who has talent.  Getting into the film academies requires passing tests and exams.  With the one child per family policy, parents devote much of their time and resources on cultivating their kids' talents and hedging their bets. A lot of pressure on kids, for sure.

purelife

Adam_Fulford wrote:
[em]Purelife wrote...They could always have me do Wonder Woman....tee hee....

Oh, I heard that Zi Zi Zhang is playing the role of Mulan... Bleh!  Don't like ZiZi Zhang (if that is how you spell her name)[/em]

Zhang Ziyi is incredibly gifted and focussed.  Her physical dexterity is unparalleled.  [span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 0);"]That said, I don't see her as Wonder Woman.  Wonder woman should be curvy.[/span]

When I was working with actors in China, I was amazed at their versatility.  They could all sing (a talent that I am severely lacking in) and dance, and a number of them were well-versed in Kung Fu, as well as act.
 [hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]I don't see her in WW as well.  I was talking about her in Mulan.

Adam_Fulford

Purelife wrote...

I don't see her in WW as well.  I was talking about her in Mulan.

Ahhh. I'm not sure I see her in Mulan either.  I think Mulan should be warm and perky, with a tough-ass side. Zhang Ziyi is talented, athletic, tough, but not warm and perky.  She'd be better as an intimidating ice-queen.  The animated version of Mulan's pretty American, and Chinese reaction to it was largely one of baffled amusement (from what I witnessed).  The dragon couldn't have been more American.

purelife

I agree with you AF.  I don't see her in Mulan because she doesn't look like a soft type.  I personally don't like her much because of her attitude.  There's something about her that I wouldn't trust her as a friend.  

Lise

purelife wrote:
I agree with you AF.  I don't see her in Mulan because she doesn't look like a soft type.  I personally don't like her much because of her attitude.  There's something about her that I wouldn't trust her as a friend.

Jealousy?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

tee hee.... Lise, you know me too well, my dear.