Doggie Speed Bumps

Started by TehBorken, May 22 06 06:12

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[h3 class="post-title"][font style="font-weight: normal; font-family: Verdana;" size="2"]I had no idea this sort of thing was a problem, but what can I say? Science Marches On.
[/font][/h3]
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][h3 class="post-title"]Brake-Fast Doggie Bowl                  [/h3][a href="http://www.strangenewproducts.com/uploaded_images/brake-fast-707798.jpg"][img style="margin: 0pt 0pt 10px 10px; float: right; cursor: pointer;" src="http://www.strangenewproducts.com/uploaded_images/brake-fast-706329.jpg" alt="Brake-Fast Doggie Bowl" border="0"][/a]The [a href="http://www.brake-fast.net/"]Brake-Fast Dog Food Bowl[/a] is a new invention designed to slow down a dog from eating too fast.

The three prongs sticking up from the bowl act as barriers to keep a dog from snatching up mouthfuls of dry or wet dog food.

It's marketed as a way to help prevent Gastric Dilatation/Volvulus (GDV), when a dog's stomach distends with air to the point that it goes into shock and possibly dies.

Interestingly, the bowl doesn't have a rubber base, and will slide across the floor. The manufacturer says this actually helps slow down the eating process.

$14.99  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

My dog doesn't woof down his food. He kinda takes his time. Sometimes I think he's more of a cat than a dog. He hates eating his food in his dish so we get his pellets lying around when he looses interest.

Oh wait.... am I talking about my husband.........?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Dissident

Lise wrote:
My dog doesn't woof down his food. He kinda takes his time. Sometimes I think he's more of a cat than a dog. He hates eating his food in his dish so we get his pellets lying around when he looses interest.

Oh wait.... am I talking about my husband.........?

LOL Lise . . . my ex used to make a mess when he ate, too.

How do you know your dog isn't a cat?  Is he happy to see you when you get home?  Then he's not a cat.  I've noticed that people who have cats (I've had both, btw) are the kind of people who love to make excuses for others.  Especially women.  What part of "He's just not that into you" do you not understand?

I was out with a friend of mine last night, and he and I both lamented the fact that our Stratas don't allow dogs.

I'm envious.

fenec rawks!

Lise

Well, Dissident.... sometimes I think my dogster is neurotic. At times I don't think he even knows he's a dog. He eats like a cat, he sleeps like one, he thinks he's one of us when it suits him and when it comes to other dogs, he thinks he can take them on. Alas, he's a coward at heart. All bark and no shame.

Too bad you can't have a dog. Having one is just the best thing in my life. He does come up to the door when I'm home, tail wagging and deliriously happy to the point he's hacking his lungs out. (my dog's old). Hopefully, you'll end up owning one sometime in the future.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Dissident

Awwww  . . .  Lise, thanks.  The image of your nice little poochie giving his all to make his pleasure in you known really warms my heart.  I've spent enough time dealing with older family members to know that aging creatures whittle down their desires to what is most important to them.  So your dog is picky with his food--that means he's picky with his people, too.  He makes an extra effort to acknowledge you when you come in the door, that shows how important you are and how well you've treated him all these years.  Good on you.  
fenec rawks!

Sportsdude

My dogs atleast 10 years old and he always goes crazy when you are about to feed him.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Dissident

Sportsdude wrote:
My dogs atleast 10 years old and he always goes crazy when you are about to feed him.

Ok, Sportsdude.  Now I'm envious of both of  you.  Condo living sucks.

fenec rawks!

kitten

I'm lucky enough to live in an apartment block that allows pets.  My cat always greets me at the door.  He hears my footsteps as I walk down the hall and stands waiting just inside the door and then wraps himself around my legs so that I can't move until I pat him.  I feel very fortunate to have him.  I guess that would be a doggish sort of trait.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lise

Awww.... kitten. I used to be a cat person. In fact when we got married, I wanted a cat but my husband declared any flea-bitten, claws out furballs was not in his marriage contract. (what contract?!?!?) We settled on a dog instead. Haven't looked back since then.

I still like cats and I think for the most part they like me. I don't know. It's like they can tell when you're a cat person. Dogs basically like most ppl but cats are a bit pickier. And they're so intelligent - it's scary at times.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Because Cats are planning to take over the world!!!  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

And they'll probably do a better job of running it.

Lise

Damn right. I rather hand my world to a cat than a man.

Bill Cosby.

kitten

That's gorgeous, Lise!  Poster or magazine?

Lise

Not sure, kitten. Just googled it. I think it's a poster.
Bill Cosby.

dver

Excellent idea. The dog can be let out 10 minutes later than before after feeding.