Taking on the traits of a donated organ?

Started by meloncollie, Feb 15 06 06:17

Previous topic - Next topic

meloncollie

[FONT face="Arial Black" color=#823857]Hey, I know this will probably sounds silly, but someone asked me the other day if I have started on taking on the traits of the donor of the kidney I had transplanted a month ago. Has anyone ever heard of such a theory-- taking on the traits of an organ donor? [/FONT][/DIV][FONT face="Arial Black" color=#823857][/FONT] [/DIV][FONT face="Arial Black" color=#823857]I was mostly amused by the question because my donor is my son...and we're already very much alike. Personality-wise. Now I wouldn't mind if his kidney started me growing, because I'm 5'2 and he's prolly 6'2...maybe we could split the difference. hehehe..[/FONT][FONT face="Arial Black" color=#823857][/FONT] [FONT face=Verdana]Melon[/FONT]
You give love a bad name.

Mike

Never heard of that. I think it would be a psychological effect at best. Otherswise one would think that it should work that way for blood transfusions and stuff like that.

Congrats on your kidney! It's an amazing age we live in, isn't it? Just remember, if the church and organized religion had their way, you wouldn't be able to get a transplant, nor any advanced medical treatment for that matter.

P.C.

Melloncollie.....that's SO interesting.  There is a book out called 'A Change of Heart', written by the recipient of a new heart.  It is fascinating, and not so psycological at all.  

[A href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0446604690/ref=sib_dp_pt/104-7786638-5037565#reader-link"][img id=prodImage onmouseover="sitb_showLayer('bookpopover'); return false;" onmouseout="sitb_doHide('bookpopover'); return false;" height=240 alt="A Change of Heart : A Memoir" src="http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0446604690.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg" width=240 border=0][/A]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Tor Johnston

Mostly here to comment on your nick, there's a nice Residents tune called "Melon Collie Baby".

About the donor organ influencing your decisions, I just say NO to those provocative wankers!
I wonder how the French woman with the new face feels? She's smoking cigarettes too.

P.C.

I cut my post short, as we had 'company'.  But I watched a program about this a while back, and it was so mind boggling.  There were instances of a guy who suddenly desired chocolate bars, when it was something he'd never had a desire for, before.  (also numerous other 'altered' personality differences.)  His approach to his children was 'altered' drastically, (for the better).  The concept was about our personalities being generated from our 'souls', not our heart, and yet theses recipients were experiencing 'soul altering' experiences.

I'd love to hear more about your experiences.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

No you can not take on traits of a donated organ. [/DIV]Only transplants where you take on traits of other people is face transplants and penis enlargement surgeries where they put on a dead man's skin from his member on your member.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."