1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Dissident

RIP, you ROCK GOD!    
fenec rawks!

fenec

I love Dissident!

Dissident

Gasp! . . . I am becoming thoroughly infatuated with you, "fenec" . . . (sigh).  Unless you're messing with my head.  At any rate, now that you've achieved your conquest, I hope that the prickly Academe (Prairie Girl) will poke her head out of her burrow so that you can launch your campaign anew on further virgin territory . . .  
fenec rawks!

fenec

There's nothing more accomodating than virgin territory, that's for sure.  I feel the same way about you.  Have you gone to bed now?  You haven't responded in quite a while.  You really should let me know when you've gone to bed, at least then I can substantiate my imagery.
I love Dissident!

Dissident

I  haven't responded because I was answering a very involved enquiry of yours on another thread.  I will retire soon, though . . . with thoughts of a repressed Limey who has a penchant for pervy poets . . .

You know who you remind me of, my beloved piss-taker?  Ever see Mike Leigh's film "Naked"?  (Mike Leigh and Ken Loach=the apotheosis of current British filmmaking excellence, in The World According to Dissident)

The main character, played by David Thewlis . . . that's you.  There's a marvellously Beckettian interchange in the middle of the film--a metaphysical debate of sorts--between the main character and a security guard on graveyard shift in an office tower.  A concretisation of a few hours' worth of your exchanges on these boards.

Have you found academe yet?  I believe that, when it comes down to it, she's much more suggestible than I . . .  

. . . ah, the delicious naivete of youth . . .

fenec rawks!

fenec

I've never seen that.  I've never seen anything.  I only ever watch things like Under Siege, and every Jean Claude Van Damme film ever made.

I was a fairly precocious youth.  When I was about 9, I wrote quite a lot of seethingly serious essays on... well, existence, death, love etc etc, as I suppose everyone does at some point... this continued until I was about 14 ish... I was really very intelligent for my age... but at that point, I began to realise the futility in taking anything serious.  Intelligent discourse was rare at best... I've been ejected from more academic insitutes than I can call to mind, purely for possessing a greater insight than those in educational custody of me... Life is against me...

... then I grew up and decided Beer and shoddy action films RULE!  And girls are HOT!  I love to shag GIRLS!  And lots of em!  WUHUH, and all that.  No more philosophising for me... nah, sophistry is the way to go.  Annoyance.  Casuistry.  These are the things I live for.
I love Dissident!

Dissident

fenec:  Go rent it. It's brilliant.  Nutjob Mancunian spends a lost weekend in London, gets nasty with a few weirdo girls while trying to win his girlfriend back, engages in pointless flights of conversational fancy with all types, spends a few days on the edge with very little sleep . . .

Great flick.  Expand your horizons.  Get a couple good lines, too, while you're at it, perhaps (well, they worked for the guy in the movie . . . ).

fenec rawks!

fenec

I don't need lines... I have excellent technique:  I begin by ostracising the person in question through insult or self-depreciation (and that was an intentional flair of paraphasia), then once I've dented my image in that persons eyes, I up the charm... works every time
I love Dissident!

Dissident

fenec wrote:
I don't need lines... I have excellent technique:  I begin by ostracising the person in question through insult or self-depreciation (and that was an intentional flair of paraphasia), then once I've dented my image in that persons eyes, I up the charm... works every time

Classic narcissicm, fenec.   Enjoy the battle.  I already know that you enjoy the pain . . .

fenec rawks!

fenec

I don't enjoy anything... it's the only way to be truly happy in this life.  Don't love, don't hate, don't feel... indifference is your salvation.
I love Dissident!