Pink Shirt for men - gay?

Started by Lise, May 18 06 05:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

OK. I want to buy a pink shirt for my man. Is it considered 'gay' (sorry to the homosexuals out there) to buy one for a man? A man wearing pink is cute.... right?????

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

Depends on how you define gay.

If the question is whether people will question his sexuality if he wears a pink shirt then...yeah, unfortunately.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

Okay here it goes I'd wear the pink shirt only if I had a girl friend because A) I wouldn't care I'm with someone at the moment and B) She'll probly dress me because if she didn't I'd most likely be wearing what I wear everyday jeans and t-shirt.  And if I know one thing about girls its that they love clothes and like to dress there men. (sorry for the generalization but come on you know its true!)
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

No, I don't think people will question his sexuality.  My husband had a pink shirt, and he had no problems when he wore it.  It depends on your guy.  How do you think he would feel about it?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

tenkani

When you want to know how a guy will perceive another guy, don't ask a woman.

LOL

ProjectothoN

take a guess  their lice cheeks

TehBorken

tenkani wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]When you want to know how a guy will perceive another guy, don't ask a woman.[/div]
 Quoted for truth!  

Seriously, it depends on the guy. I myself will wear whatever the hell I feel like, and I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks. I'm just not that malleable when it comes to other people's opinions.

As it happens, I don't have any pink shirts, not because I think they'd make me look "gay" (whatever that is), but because I just don't look good in pink. Or green, unless it's camo.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

tenkani

PROJ!!

Register, my brother!

It opens up a whole new world of magic and adventure!!

fenec

I would reiterate what most of the predeceased posters have stated... but in furtherment, it seems to me that it is not so much "your mans" insecurity about pink, as your own insecurity about what your man - wearing pink - might be prone to do or realise of himself... am I right?  Is he a bit of a lemon?
I love Dissident!

Gopher

Men should wear what they like, if the non-gay is presumed as being gay simply because he wars a pink shirt, then he can take pleasure in knowing that he's successfully mislead those whose minds are of such petty preocupation that this sort of stuff really makes their day.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Why are people concerned about the sexual practices of a stranger anyway?  Whatever the colour, if you like it, wear it.

Gopher

Dark blue for me today

kitten

Light blue and grey for me, and pink and charcoal grey tomorrow.  I thought you would be on your way to where the rhodos bloom by now.

Gopher

I would have been had not the day turned out to be one of very heavy showers (circa one every ten minutes, they don't last long but boy, when they come....)

Decided to delay my rhodi hunt until I go on holiday at the end of next week.  

kitten

A rainy day is a good time to enjoy the pleasures of indoor living.  A perfect day to settle down with a good book.